Chapter 14

'Kara you need a lift?'
Stiles asked me as I walked out the door.
'No.'
I said shortly and kept walking out the door and down the driveway.
The walk to school wasn't that long but on a cold winters morning it felt like it took forever, when I arrived at school Scott and Stiles were already at their lockers talking quietly but when I walked past them they stopped talking and looked up at me, I kept walking but I felt like someone was behind me and sure enough Stiles taps me on my shoulder.

'So Kara, we kind of need your help with something.' Stiles said nervously.

'Okay, what is it?' I asked suspiciously.
'It is a matter between life and death, we will tell you everything this afternoon.' Stiles said to me.
'So are you willing? We really need your help.'
Scott said looking at me with pleading eyes.
'You guys don't even know what I am! How am I supposed to help you?' I ask them.
'We just would really like your help, please Kara.' Stiles pleaded.
'Okay, sure. I'll help you with whatever all this.' I said in defeat,
'Yes!' Stiles exclaimed jumping up in the air with joy.
'Meet at Scott's place after school, I'll drive you if you want?' Stiles asked,
'Sure.' I said with a grin, I'm hoping that I make good friends with them.

The end of school came around and I met Scott and Stiles at the gate and jumped into the he back of Stiles' jeep.
'So why are we all meeting up?' I ask inquisitively.
'because we have new information that we need to tell everyone.' Scott said.

By the time we got to Scott's house, Sheriff Stilinski was there and all of they're other friends were there as well, including Malia...
We all walked inside and everyone pulled up a chair to the table where everybody could see the white board which had pictures and red tape on it.

'Welcome everyone, we are all here, so I think we should begin. Feel free to ask any questions of relevance during this meeting.' Stiles started with the introduction then went straight into the facts.

'So the Walcott's were the first. At least the first that we know about.' Stiles says sticking up a picture of the dead Walcott family.
'Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents. A family of Wendigos. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine.' Stiles said with a calm, even voice of an investigator.

'Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. And got decapitated outside his car.' Stiles says more directly at Scott.
'He was a werewolf, we think he was part of a pack. If he was they'll be looking for him.' Scott added.

'And then last night, 23 year old Carrie Hudson.' Stiles finished
'Its a dead pool, a hit list of supernatural creatures. This is only part of it.' Scott says as he holds up a piece of paper with names on it and next to the names were numbers.
'The rest still has to be decoded.'
'Who found this list?' asked Sheriff Stilinski.
'Lydia.' said Stiles
'How?' the sheriff asked inquisitively

'I wrote it.' Lydia said, speaking up.
'Actually, she transcribed it. Without realising it.' Stile's butted in.

'Banshee?' Sheriff questioned,
'Banshee.' Stiles and Lydia replied simultaneously.
'Beautiful' muttered the sheriff to himself with sarcasm.
'All right, what are these numbers next to the names?' Sheriff questioned Stiles
'We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key.' Stiles responded.

'Wait. You mean, like a... key word?' I asked taking a look at the list.
'Its actually a name.' Stiles told me and everyone else.
'Allison.' Scott said solemnly, looking down at his palms. Lydia's eyes glass over and the Sheriff nods with understanding.

'Who is Allison?' I asked, confused by the sudden mood in the room.
'A dead friend.' Lydia told me coldly, obviously not wanting to go into more detail.
'Her name broke a third of the list.' Stiles continued
'And now we think there's two other cipher keys.' Scott said looking up at the Sheriff
'Which will gives us the rest of the names.' the sheriff said nodding at the information.

'Okay, so how do we get the cipher keys?' he asked
'Same way we got the code' Stiles told him.
'Lydia' Scott says
'I've been at the Lake house all weekend trying to figure out the other two cipher codes.' Lydia tells us all.
'So you didn't know about Demarco or Carrie? And what about these other two names on the list?' the sheriff noted.

'Uh, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town. They werewolves too?' he asked, confused.
'I don't know. But Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here.' Scott said.
'Here, being Beacon Hills? Or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000. ' Sherrif asked
'And dropping' Stiles added.

'But if we're talking Beacon County, then you're looking at close to 500,000. Look, how many werewolves, banshees, kitsunes and whatever the hell is out there are we talking about?' he asks.
'And what happens if the next cipher key uncovers not 12 names but 100?' he continues, concerned about the town that he is meant to protect.
'We don't think there will be that many. There's a limit.' Stiles says
'Because of the numbers.' Scott continues, pointing at the sheet.

'We think that once we decode the names the numbers will add up to 177.' Scott says
'117 what?' Malia asks.
'Million.' Scott answers, stiles starts to scribble M and K's next to the numbers on the list.
'117 million dollars, dad.' Stiles says looking up at him.
'117 million dollars stolen from the Hale vault and is being used by someone to finance these murders.' a voice came from the dark corner of the kitchen. The person then stepped out into the light and their face was revealed.

'Peter! What are you doing here?' Stiles asked. Peter Hale was in the same room, the murderous psychopath that I had seen in the file in Sheriff Stilinski's office.

'Thought I'd pop in, don't let me interrupt you. Continue, please.' he said with his usual resting bitch face.
'Okay, well someone who wants every supernatural in beacon hills dead.' Scott finished. Stiles took a whiteboard marker and wrote in the middle of the board THE BENEFACTOR.
'So the coded list goes out and somehow these professional assassins get that list.' Sheriff states
'And a cipher key.' says Stiles.

'And then they go after the names on the list. They being killers with no mouths, tomahawks, thermo-cut wires that can take your head off.'
'Let me see that. Carrie was also stabbed. What's this mark?' asked Malia pointing to the picture of Carrie's stab marks.
'We're not sure yet. We're waiting on the ME's report. There is one other thing I don't get. How did this new assassin now that Demarco, was going to be at the lake house?' Sheriff kept questioning.
'Everyone knows he delivers kegs to teenagers for a little extra cash.' Scott tells him
'So whoever ordered that keg killed Demarco.' the sheriff come to the conclusion.

'Yeah, it was someone at the party.' stiles finishes, but Scott looks up to us as he says,

'A student.'

I know a lot of you have been waiting for this, I am such a horrible person I'm so sorry!

I'm going to change the cover to one of my own designs so that will be up soon.

Word count: 1311

Love you all!

Vote
Comment
Read
Follow