Chapter Three

Axl watched Slash from across the table. He wasn't eating. He would occasionally take a sip from his drink and look up but then he would go back to looking at his lap. Things were awkward between them. He desperately wanted to ask him what was wrong but he knew he couldn't. He would bring up last night and he didn't need reminding. He knew what had happened just from waking up naked next to him but he didn't know the exact details. He didn't even want to know. He just cheated on Michelle with a drunken one night stand. If he would tell her or if she would to find out, she would be so angry, that he cheated on her, not only being drunk but also with her best friend.

Duff, Izzy and Steven were talking, trying make conversation with their two friends but things were just too awkward. Slash would usually join in but he didn't. He just sat there silently, looking down. It was different and weird. Axl couldn't take it anymore and stood up, throwing some money on the table.

"I'm going to back to the hotel. Do you wanna come?" Axl said. Everyone knew who it was directed towards. Slash looked up and stared at him for a moment, debating whether or not he should. Would it be a good idea or will he immediately regret it?

"Sure he said." He said as he stood up from the table. He also threw down some cash and followed Axl out of the restaurant. The two walked in silence. It was a bright, sunny morning in Los Angeles. They were only staying at a hotel because they were traveling around the country and the world starting tomorrow. Might as well get the best of things before they leave, right?

"What are you thinking about?" Axl spoke up as they were halfway to the hotel.

"What do you mean?" Slash said looking over at him.

"You refuse to look up at anybody, you refuse to talk with the guys, you didn't eat and you barely drank anything while we were there. Something is wrong, I know it and I want you to tell me."

"You already know what's wrong. You probably already know what I'm thinking." Slash said. Axl stood there watching him. Slash stopped walking, realizing Axl wasn't with him.

"Are you scared about something?" He asked. He watched him as he sighed and scratched the back of his neck.

"Partially yes, but why would you care. You have Michelle to talk things out with. You talk to her first and then we will talk." Slash said, walking away. Axl watched him, biting his lip. He was frustrated and scared, it was very visible even when most of his face was hidden behind his mess of curls. To be honest, Axl found it hot, sexy. But everytime those thoughts would rush into his head, he would mentally yell at himself. For fucks sake, he was dating his best friend. He couldn't just break up with her for him. What would he say, 'Hey I find your best friend sexy and I love him not you.' Not that's too rude, even he thought it was and he was known for saying some pretty nasty things. But honestly, it didn't sound like such a bad idea, it was the truth and he couldn't just keep lying to her.

Axl shook himself out of his thoughts and followed him. Slash would probably already be there, in his hotel room. Axl arrived and went to his room. He stood there awkwardly in the elevator. He remembered having a heated make out session with Slash. He had him pushed up against the wall and his lips pressed up against his, begging for entrance. The kiss was very lustful. Axl shivered at the thought. He couldn't stop thinking about it. It was too much. He had weird fantasies about the guitarist, rushing through his head. He couldn't stop them no matter how hard he tried. They just kept coming back.

He slammed his head against the wall, groaning in frustration. He couldn't stop thinking about him. As the elevator doors opened up, he walked down the hall and stopped in front of the door. It was Slash's door. He took a deep breath and knocked. From the other side of the door, he could hear shuffling before it opened up. There stood Slash, looking quite puzzled.

"Can I help you with something?"

"Yeah actually you can." Axl replied. Slash raised an eyebrow watching him. "Saul," It was very rarely Axl used his real name. That's when he knew he was serious. "I need to admit something to you." He said.

"Yeah?"

"I fucking love you. I know I don't act like it but I do. I love you more than Michelle. This awkward thing between us at the moment, it needs to stop. I know you share the same feelings for me.

"H-how-"

"You talk in your sleep sometimes." Axl said. Slash turned away from him, blushing. "I'm ending it with Michelle tonight. I'm going to tell her everything. I can't keep lying to her about how I feel." Slash looked back over at him.

"You can't, she'll be so hurt and devastated. Axl she-"

"I think it will hurt her more with me pretending that I love her when in reality I love her best friend! I slept with you and cheated on her, truthfully many times. What will hurt her more? The truth or a bunch of lies for the rest of her life?" Axl looked at him as he sighed.

"Alright." Slash said after a few minutes.

"But first I want to ask you a question." Axl said.

"What?"

"Will you be mine? Just think about it for a bit because this chance probably won't come back again." Axl smirked at him seeing his shocked face. "See you tonight." He said walking away. Slash watched him walk down the hall. Did he really just ask him to be his lover? And he was fucking cocky about it like he knew the answer already. He wanted to say no so badly but he couldn't. Axl was right, there wouldn't be another chance when he could be Axl's lover. He would probably find someone else to replace Michelle by tonight probably if he won't say yes. Slash loved him too much to say no, but if Michelle were to find out about everything, why Axl left her and that he get together with him, she would be pissed and wouldn't even bother to be friends with him.

Slash sighed and closed the door, moving to his bed and laid down with his face in the pillow. What the hell is going on? Why does he have to choose between the man he loves and his best friend he knew since elementary?