Chapter Twelve

Hospitals have always seemed weird to Slash, as long as he can remember. A place designed for healing and wellness seemed way too neutral. The white walls, the bright white lights, pale teal and white flooring, the smell of fresh chemicals – it didnt really give off such a vibe of its intended purposes. That was basically all he could think about as he sat in the waiting area of the hospital. He was expecting to go to a clinic, but Michelle deemed that the hospital was a better place to go.

"Its more accurate and safer that way." She reasoned with him as they entered. That was maybe an hour ago, and yet there they continue to sit, waiting.

"Remind me, what was the hospitals purpose of making an appointment"He asked with a slightly raised eyebrow, but Michelle only shrugged and began flipping through a magazine. It was still fairly early in the morning and there werent too many people sitting with them. He was just thankful no one recognized him or decided to bother him. The two continued sitting in silence before he spoke up again.

"Should I leave the group?" Michelle glanced over at him, watching as he never even turned to face her, just staring off straight ahead.

"Maybe not leave, but you probably would want to take a break soon. You know, go on hiatus." She replied before setting down the magazine. "I dont think touring in your current condition is the better idea ever."

"What should I tell Axl?"

"The truth, he deserves to know; even if he is the biggest dick right now. He is the father, right?" Slash nodded, glancing over at her slightly. "He is not a bad guy and you know it, maybe when he realizes what this all means, he will calm down a little bit." Michelle sighed softly and watched as people walked in and out of the facility. Slash sat there in silence, contemplating what she said. He was a little surprise about how supportive she was being. Usually when you find out that your best friend and fiancée had a drunken one night stand, then the latter calls off the engagement to be with your friend – you would probably be envious, angry, disgusted; but no, here she sat with him giving him advice on one of the most life changing things he will ever experience.

When Slash really thought things could not get anymore complicated, they did. In the car, the two sat there staring at the sonogram picture in a bit of pure shock. Neither of them knew what to say since the appointment.

"Are you still going to tell him?"

"Yep."

Slash winced slightly as he held the telephone away from his hear as his mother began shouting and somewhat squeal on the other side of the phone.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you positive?"

"Yes."

"Is that what it says?"

"Mom Im staring at the evidence right now, its all right here in black and white – literally!" He rolled his eyes, holding away the phone with no reaction as his mother continued voicing her happiness and excitement. He couldnt help the slight chuckle that escaped his lips, making him shake his head. "Mom you have to contain yourself, we still have a little bit until they come-"

"Youre having twins! Thats double everything, we must get started right away. As soon as you get back we can start looking for things, you can even come home for a little bit until everything settles down and-"

"Mom relax, everything will be fine. I dont want to rush into anything anymore than I have to." He told his mother, slowly crossing his legs in front of him, setting the sonogram gently in his suitcase.

"I know I know." She paused to take a breath, a giggly sigh leaving her lips. "What are you going to do about Axl?"

"I dont know, we dont have anything serious, but I plan on telling him tonight." A knock at the door followed by the chatter of Duff and Steven. "I got to go mom; I will call you later." After sharing their goodbyes, Slash grabbed his boots and jacket, pulling them on before opening the door to the blonde-duo.

"Ready to go?" Duff asked, pulling Steven closer into his side as the other rested his head against his shoulder slightly.

"Yep, lets go."

The group went out to dinner, a bar as usual. Axl was nowhere to be seen, but no one was surprised. The alcohol was tempting, everything bad that he was forced to give up in these past couple of weeks was so tempting, it hurt.

"Hey guys." The four of them looked up to see their singer. The female standing beside him made the guitarists eyes go wide slightly with a stabbing pain being sent to his chest and his stomach began to churn. It was her, from the concert.

The scene he witnessed replayed over and over in his head as he closed his eyes, head facing down towards the table so no one could witness the emotional rollercoaster he was riding at the moment. The two sat down, the girl pressed against the guitarist. Axls arms wrapped around her shoulder, his fingers gently brushing against Slash's shoulder at times.

"This is my girlfriend Erin."