Everything's Getting Better

I wake up in Paul's bed, which I am very thankful for. I don't think I could've stayed around him anymore, and well, my brother walks into the room.

This surprised me at first because he wasn't very happy in the first place when I first started sleeping over, but after an awkward conversation of how we aren't doing anything he had let me stay.

"Hey sis. How ya feeling?" He says sitting on the bed next to me, and rubbing my back like how he used to when we were little.

"Eh. Not much better from yesterday. My head still hurts, but I guess it could be worse." I say with another failed attempt at a smile. He sighs and I can tell he's trying not to beat himself up over it.

"Jare, it's alright-"

"It's not Scar! I don't know what was wrong with Jake, if it wasn't for Paul already shredding him I—I would've killed him. Technically I shouldn't have even jumped in and try to separate Paul from Jake, coz when it comes to imprints we have to let the wolf himself deal with the problem—no interference." I didn't know that, but he's right Paul would've killed him if he didn't step in.

"I egged him on JareBear, I should've stopped when Sam warned Jake to leave and I didn't. I won't be talking to him for a while anyways so you don't have to worry about me. I'll heal fast-ish and everything will be fine." He nodded and kissed my forehead, and left for patrol promising to come back and see me later.

I must've fallen back asleep coz the next thing I remember is waking up and 1. it's dark out and 2. Paul is next to me snoring softly. I look at my phone to see it's 1:30 at night and I have multiple texts from Jake—which I don't even read and delete straight away.

I roll over in Paul's arms so that I'm facing his adorable sleeping face, and because I'm not going to be going back to sleep any time soon I start to trace his cheekbones and jawline with my thumb, finding it hard to believe that this incredible man is all mine. Forever.

He starts to mumble things I dont understand in his sleep and it takes a lot for me not to start giggling. To top it off he reaches up and places his hand on mine which is one the side of his face still. I freeze thinking I've woken him up, but his breathing is still slow so I relax a bit.

"Love you...Lottie" he mumbles and I can't help the grin that only spreads on half my face knowing that he's dreaming about me.

"Love you too Paul." I say as I snuggle up into him and go back to a peaceful sleep.

** Hope you like a little more of the cute stuff!
comment rate heart!! I love you awesome people! :)