I Can't Wait To Meet You!

Deep breaths Scar, you shouldn't be this nervous..

I've just finished everything for Paul's gift and now I have to give it to him and I'm freaking out!  I just hope he won't be angry with me, also I hope he's as excited as I am. From our past conversations I think he will be but I still get nervous.

"You are going to make yourself sick being that nervous Scarlett! Just sit down and relax!" Emily yells at me.

She's gotten more cracky since it's Jaurary and still four months until their baby's due. I think she's just getting impatient and that's why she's so mean all the time.

"Alright alright. Calm your tits pregnant lady.."

She looks at me with a 'you're-pregnant-too' look so I just shut up and wait for Paul and the rest of the boys to come back from patrol.

My leg is bouncing out of control and it looks like Emily's about to cut it off when the front door opens and in walks all the pack, Jake's pack and ours has a truce so it's almost back to normal with everyone always around.

"Hello Beautiful." Paul says as he walks up behind me and kisses my cheek, not noticing the little box in my hands quite yet.

"Hi Babe. I uh—I have that gift for you." He looks at me with a smile I'm sure has been permanent on his face since we've faced those stupid leeches.

I slowly hand it over to him, my hands slightly shaking, but a small smile on my face anyways. He looks at it as he sits down and grabs the little letter I wrote off the front and opening it up to read it.  He reads it out loud, which I didn't expect but it's easier telling the guys that way!

"Dear Paul,

I've heard the most amazing stories about you these last couple months, and I can't wait to hear more! I just know you'll be the person I look up to the most in the future!

I bet you're probably confused but I think you can figure it all out by the time you open the rest of my gift to you, and put the pieces together. I gave you my picture even though I heard it was hard to get since I was so 'camera-shy', but it's just something you can look at for the time-being. Keep in mind I plan on changing from now until the time we officially get to meet! I'm so very excited to meet you and can't wait for that day!

Well that's all I really have to say for right now. You're the best I could've ever asked for and I love you more than anything!

Can't wait to meet you in August!"

He looks up at me once he's finished reading with a super confused look on his face, but I just smile back, encouraging him to open the rest of it as I see Emily behind him mouthing to me how 'adorable' that was.

He unites the bows that are on the gift and takes off the lid to reveal a box full of white and yellow tissue paper.

He takes off the top layer of paper to reveal booties, one blue and the other pink, and an envelope saying 'open me next!'. I can see the shocked look on his face as he sees the booties and can almost see the gears grinding in his head as he thinks.

He slowly picks up the envelope, and gently opens it, not knowing what to expect from it. He tilts his head in confusion and brings out the picture from the ultrasound and looks at it, and I can hear Leah gasp.

I look up to meet her eyes and she has a giant grin across her face, her eyes welling in happy tears. The other boys seem lost and confused at whatever the picture was supposed to be, but I see Paul trying to figure it out. He looks from my letter to the picture and back again, then he mouths the words 'meet you in August'..

His eyebrows coming together as he starts putting the pieces together, then looks in the box back at the booties, and that's when his eyes widen and his head snaps in my direction. And I can't help the small smile that crosses my face.

"Lottie-?" He cuts himself off and just waits for my answer, and all I do is nod my head as a giant grin crosses both of our faces.

Paul jumps out of his seat and scoops me up into a hug spinning me around and planting a huge passionate kiss on my lips. He starts laughing and starts kissing my face again.

"Am I the only one super confused right now?"

Of course Quil has to be retarded. We all laugh and I just place my face in Paul's chest laughing and slightly blushing.

"You really are an idiot Quil." Leah laughs causing the rest of the guys to laugh.

"But seriously. Care to explain?" Embry says. I groan at their stupidity and I feel Paul chuckle against me and I turn around to face everyone and Leah, Sam, and Emily all have smiles on their faces.

"You guys are seriously retarded. I'm pregnant."

I figured it's easier to just come out and be blunt with them otherwise they'll just be confused. Again. They all have an 'O' shape on their faces as it slowly sinks in.

"Congratulations!" Leah says as she comes and hugs me then actually hugs Paul as the other boys follow her lead, except Jared who still looks like he's in shock.

"Jared?" I say as I walk up to him slightly worried since he hasn't said or done anything.

"Preg-pregnant?" Jared says as he looks at me with wide eyes. "As in a-a baby? And me an un-uncle?"

I can't help but laugh under my breath at how he broke it all down, I just nod at him with a smile on my face. And I watch as the biggest smile ever crosses his face and he engulfs me in his bear hug.

"You're going to be the greatest mom ever." He whispers and I can feel the tears start to well in my eyes.

I look up at him and just smile because he knows how important that is to me, to be a good mom. Not like ours. And he kisses me on the forehead as he goes an gives a man hug thing to Paul.

We spend the rest of the night talking about babies and I was surprised how excited Leah was about all this. I ended up asking Leah to be the godmother because I had known her longer and well she deserves it. Paul asked Jake, which kinda surprised me since they haven't gotten along in years.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? About our baby?" Paul asked later that night on our way home.

"Well it was mostly because of the leeches coming to attack. I didn't want anything to distract you...and also I wanted to be on the field with everyone."

"I guess I see where you're coming from. It was stupid to put you and our baby in danger-"

"But if I would've told you, you would've gotten hurt by worrying too much."

"Okay. You got me there Babe."

He says as he kisses me again. And for the first time in a while I fall into a peaceful sleep filled with dreams of my family.