09

I searched through the blankets frantically for my phone only to look up and see Lauren grinning with it in her hand.

"Give it back bitch," I said in a serious tone but I think she took it as a joke.

"Are you sure you want to tell him?" I nodded. "100% sure," Lauren questioned scrunching her nose.

"Lauren I'm positive now give me my phone back," I held my hand out and was surprised when she set my phone in it.

I took a deep breath. "What do I say?"

"Uh. I have no idea but you can't flat out tell him."

"Okay we will just start with I need to talk to you," I said as I typed.

We both nodded then waiting for a response.

"Ahh the suspense is killing me," Lauren exclaimed as she grabbed my phone and started typing. She quickly tossed it back to me. All she typed was now. I shrugged and set my phone in the middle of us we both stared at it. It buzzed and we both gasped.

Hey sweetheart. I'm still on tour for another week but we can FaceTime.

I read the text out loud then looked at Laur for input.

"Well tell I'm this isn't something that you can talk about over FaceTime."

Um this is something that I need to talk to you face to face about.

This time he responded immediately.

I'm off in a week then spending two with my family.

"Lauren what do I do?" She shrugged with furrowed eyebrows.

I need to talk to you face to face now.

Just FaceTime me babe.

Hey asshole this is serious.

Um I could fly you to Canada? 😂

Sure. Lauren's coming with.

Perfect I'll make sure Brian is here

"Oh my god I fucking hate him," I yelled throwing my phone down.

"Canada here we come."

-----------------------------------------------
Two weeks later

"Lauren wrong way our terminal is this way," I yelled and pointed in the right direction.

She playfully rolled her eyes then followed.

"Flight 218 to Canada boarding now. Flight 218 to Canada boarding now," a robot like voice spoke as Lauren and I looked at each other. Be both sprinted to the terminal everyone looked at us like we were five but honestly that's about how old we acted. We got our boarding passes scanned then headed down the long hallway to the plane.

"Lauren I want the window seat," I whispered to her because she was two people in front of me.

She shimmed her body through the seats and sat meet to the window. Lauren then looked at me with a big grin, like she was proud of herself. I stuck up my middle finger not wanting to cuss her out in front of a bunch of strangers we would be stuck with for the next three hours. I sat in the seat next to Lauren and whispered a simple fuck you before we buckled our selves in. The plane took off and I fell asleep soon after. I was rudely awoken by Lauren shaking me.

"Could you stop waking me up like this," I groaned.
"Could you not fall asleep every time we hangout?"

The plane finally landed and I started to panic again. I couldn't stop thinking about what I was supposed to say to Shawn.

"You may now exit the plane. Thank you guys for flying with us have a safe rest of your trip," the robot voice sounded again.

Lauren and I both stood up and moved to the aisle. I slung my back pack over my shoulder as Lauren pulled hers from the over head compartment. We got off the plane and went directly to baggage claim.

"What the hell is taking so long," Lauren yelled in anger.
"Chill they're right there," I pointed at our bags coming down the conveyor belt.

I pulled out my phone to text Shawn and tell him we had landed but I didn't quite get there because he texted me first.
Get in the black SUV of the guy holding your name.
I looked up and scanned the cars for a man holding up my name, Lauren roughly nudged me again. I looked up to see a large bald man holding up a paper sign that said Cabello.

"Hey uh I'm Camila."
"Hi I'm John. You must be Lauren," the buff man said sternly shaking my hand then Lauren's.
"Right this way," he said opening up the back seat doors.

The car ride was only about five minutes which I liked because we'd been traveling all day. John got out of the car and opened my door then walked to the other side and opened Lauren's. While he was grabbing our luggage from the trunk I pulled out my wallet then looked at Lauren.

What do I pay him I mouthed to Lauren while pointing to John. She looked at me wide eyed then shrugged. John set our bags in front of us then noticed I had my purse out.

"Oh no you don't have to pay anything. Mendes has got it," John grinned.
I put my purse away and looked toward the hotel, it was fancy, probably too fancy.
"Well uh I should be going. Hope to see you guys around," John shook our hands once more then disappeared back into the SUV.

"Let's go get a goods night rest before tomorrow," Lauren ended her sentence with a yawn.

I nodded and we headed inside to the front desk.

"What name is the room under?"

"Uh Cabello?"

"Um okay let me see," the generic looking lady typed on her keyboard. "No reservations under that name."

"Mendes?"
She started typing again then shook her head.

"Uh oh my god! Gertler," I yelled probably a tad too loud as I remembered when Shawn gave us tickets to his concert under his manager's name.
"You guys are room 178. Have a nice stay," she handed us our room cards.

"Why wouldn't he just use your name," Lauren asked as we stepped out of the elevator.
"My guess is that jack ass doesn't want anyone to know I'm here," I responded angrily while scanning for our room.
We walked the rest of the way in silence. I pulled out one of the room cards and swiped it in the car reader, the door opened, my jaw dropped to the floor. Lauren couldn't control her self and started cackling.

"Is that a twin bed," Lauren asked still laughing.
"This isn't happening," I made my way to the phone.
I dialed the number for the front desk and waited for it to connect.
"Hey I'd like to up grade me room," I spoke to the same lady for earlier.
"Two queens please. Yes I'm sure. Okay we will be right down."

"What do you think your doing," Lauren looked at me in disbelief.
"Mendes' has got it," I shrugged.