12

It was finally the day for Lauren and I to go home. I couldn't wait to be in my own home, plus being in a different country then Shawn would also be kind of nice. I woke up before Lauren and reluctantly got out of bed. I leaned over to start picking up all of my clothes that were thrown around the floor when I immediately felt dizzy. I sat down on the edge of my bed and rested my head in my hands. The feeling didn't go away it only got worse, I started gagging as I rushed to the bathroom. I collected all of my hair in one hand and held it out of the way so that I wouldn't get any puke it in. I heaved a few more times before Lauren woke up and rushed to my side. She held my hair back as I felt her cold hands rub my back. I whipped my face with my hand as a flushed the toilet. Lauren grabbed my arm and my torso pulling me back to my feet. She grabbed a white hand towel off of the rack and dampened it with some water. I took the towel and patted my face then whipped down my hands. Lauren grabbed one of the small paper cups off of the counter and filled it with water then handed it to me. I put all of the water in my mouth and swished it around then spit it back into the sink.

"Are you okay," Lauren asks me looking concerned.

I sigh, "Yeah I'm fine. Are you ready to go home?"

She nodded then we went back into the main room and packed our bags. We headed down the hall and into the elevator, I thought of the family I saw the other day. I couldn't help but smile to myself, it gave me hope that maybe Shawn and I could actually do this. I shook the thought from my head as we exited the elevator and walked toward the main desk.

"Checking out of room 306, what's the damage?" I asked the woman behind the computer.

She typed a few things then looked up at me, "Its all paid for."

"Okay. Well thanks," I grinned.

I expected Shawn to be butt hurt that I upgraded the room without his permission and for him to leave me to pay for it. Lauren and I ordered an uber that took us to the Toronto airport, we split the cost then went inside. We made it through TSA without any bumps then headed to our terminal.

"Ooh I want Starbucks," Lauren's eyes lit up as we walked toward the store.

"I uh I don't know if I'm aloud to drink coffee," her smile turned to a frown. "Eh I'll just get a lemonade or something."

We ordered and Lauren pulled out her wallet.

"I've got this one. You got it last time."

"Oh yeah you've got that new baby daddy money," Lauren smirked.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "You're not funny."

I handed my money to the barista then we stood back and waited. The lady handed us our drinks and we continued to our terminal. The plane was delayed so we sat in the uncomfortable chairs drinking our drinks and waiting. I pulled out my phone to see if my mom had tried to contact me at all. I told her that I wanted to talk when I got home, I usually visit for a week during the summer before I go back to school. There were no messages from my mom but a call and a text from Shawn.

Did you guys leave already?

Yeah we are leaving now.

So your still here. I'm coming to the airport now

"Flight 419 to Wisconsin boarding now."

We are boarding now. You wont make it.

Call me when you land babe.

I rolled my eyes and put my phone in my pocket then threw my carry on over my shoulder and went toward the man who was letting people through. He scanned Lauren and I's boarding passes and we walked down the long tunnel like hall to the plane. Since I was in front of Lauren I got the window seat.

Lauren sat down next to me and gave me a snotty look, "Fuck you."

I laugh throwing my head back.

I jolted away when I heard a lady over the speakers, "Please fasen your seatbelts we will be landing shortly."

Then I realized Lauren was also sleeping, my turn. I aggressively pushed on her shoulder with my elbow. She didn't wake up the first time so I nudged her harder. Lauren jolted awake, "I literally hate you."

"Love you too," I smirked.

The plane landed and we excited as quickly as possible. After a good hour of us trying to find Lauren's car we got in and started home. I didn't really want to talk to Shawn at all, not until I at least new exactly what I was going to do. So instead I shot him a simple text.

Landed.

I'll come to visit soon. Promise.

Yeah that promise meant absolutely nothing to me because to be honest I didn't want to see him. And he sure as hell wasn't going to get to see this baby no matter what I do with it. The car ride home was mostly silent, I was just happy that we stayed off of the baby topic. It seemed to be the only thing I talked to anyone about now a days.

"Keep me updated about you and Shawn," Lauren said hugging me and handing me my luggage.

I took my bags and put them in my car, "Yeah I'll call you when I get back."

"Love you."

"Love you too," I said to Lauren as she shut her car door and drove off.

I got into my car and started the three hour car ride to my parent's summer cabin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This gif has nothing to do with this chapter) Your guys' comments make me laugh so hard. Thanks for still reading, voting, and commenting. - U.M.