Chapter 4

K A T E

Harry, Hermione, Ron and I made our way to the great hall. I had to leave them at one point to go with the first years, who were going to get sorted by the hat. I was waiting for the last of the students to arrive when someone tapped me on the shoulder. Turning around, I was met with the sight of Cedric Diggory once more.

"Hello, Cedric. It's good to see you again." I greeted with a smile. Cedric leaned on a near by wall and looked down at me. I mean, how tall can a guy be?

"Hey, Kate. I thought we agreed to see each other over the holidays?"

"Well we probably would have if it wasn't for the whole world cup incident. I had to go straight home because of that. And besides...we had no way to contact each other. I only just got my owl yesterday." I replied, fiddling with my fingers that were infront of me.

"I suppose so. Are you going to get sorted into a house now? If you are, I hope you're a Hufflepuff." He questioned and I nodded my head.

"Yes I am actually. And that reminds me, I have to go now and so do you. The assembly's about to start." I shooed him off and made my way to the kids. I was to go last because I had to take Snape's last name. And no-one seemed to have a last name after S.

All the first years had their name called and there was only me left. The hall was silent until my name had been announced.

"Snape, Katheryn." The hat shouted. The whispers began as I made my way over to the hat and sat down on the stool.

"Snape has a daughter? Who would ever have a kid with that moody professor?" Someone whispered on the Ravenclaw table.

"Why's she she coming here now? She's a sixth year isn't she?"

"She's probably exactly like Snape, don't talk to her if she's with us!"

I kept a straight face as the hat began to asses me.

"Hmm, you're just like your father! Slytherin!" It shouted and the Slytherin table cheered. I found Cedric with a frown on his face and then the golden trio mirroring it. They were probably hoping I'd be with them. As I sat down, I thought back to what the sorting hat had said.

'You're just like your father.' Did he mean Severus or my real dad?

There was no time time to keep thinking however, because Dumbledore had begun his speech.

"Now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make and announcement." As he spoke the caretaker came through the doors and rushed up to Albus as he spoke. "This castle will not only be your home this year...but home to some very special guests aswell. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..."

The caretaker stopped Albus and spoke to him. I couldn't tell what they were saying, but it must've been important as the caretaker ran back down the hall again, and out the door.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament. For those of you who do not know...the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools...for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say...these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming...the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons academy of magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxime."

A gathering of beautiful girls came strutting through the doors and were met with boys drooling over them, girls glaring at them. As they walked down the middle of the tables, they did some sort of dance. Then, Madame Maxime came in.