Chapter 8

K A T E

By the time the first task had rolled around, Rosie and I had already came up with a strategy for winning against a dragon. Of course, I had no idea which dragon I would get, but I was prepared none the less. 

I was currently in the champions tent waiting for the task to begin. Severus had given me my outfit that had Snape written on the back in green letters.

"Any progress on finding out who put a silencing spell on you?" Cedric's voice asked from behind me as I tightened some gloves on my hands.

"Not yet, but I have a feeling it was someone from the other schools."

"Well, as I said before...We'll figure it out."

I turned to look at him with a smile. "Yeah I'm sure we will. Good luck with the first task Ced."

"You called me Ced. You've never called me Ced before." He vocalised with a smirk.

"It's a nickname. Can't I call you a nickname? You call me Kate."

"I suppose. Good luck to you too, Kate. I know you didn't even want to be in this tournament."

"I'll try not to die by being burnt to death." I laughed. There was a sudden flash of light and I then realised that Hermione had entered the tent and hugged Harry. They had an unexpected picture taken of them by Rita Skeeter.

"Young love!" She expressed with her arms wide. "How...stirring." She then turned to Harry whilst saying: "If everything goes unfortunately today...you two may even make the front page."

"You have no business here." Krum's voice spoke up. "This tent is for champions...and friends."

"No matter. We've got what we wanted." Rita's photographer took another picture and then they both left.

"What a nosy cow." I blurted as she left. Cedric's hand took a hold of my shoulder as he laughed.

"Yes, she was quite intruding wasn't she."

"Good day, champions. Gather round, please." Dumbledore's voice came from behind Harry as he walked into the tent with Igor, madam Maxime, Crouch and the caretaker. I stepped back a bit behind Cedric as I saw Igor, not that Cedric noticed. "Now, you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived. A moment only five of you can fully appreciate." He looked at all of us and then his eyes landed on Hermione. "What are you doing her, Miss Granger?"

"Oh, um- Sorry, I'll just go." She said awkwardly as she backed out of the tent.

"Barty, the bag." Albus instructed and Crouch stepped forward.

"Champions, in a circle around me." Barty pulled everyone to their places. "Miss Delacour, over here. Mr. Krum. And, Potter, Mr. Potter, over here. That's right." It seemed that I didn't need to move as I was stood next to Cedric and he didn't move either. "Now..."

"Miss Delacour, if you will." He continued as he held out the purple bag in front of her. She reached in and pulled out a miniature green dragon.

"The Welsh Green." Fleur looked up at Madam Maxime in confusion and then back down to the dragon.

"Mr. Krum." Viktor then pulled out a red dragon.

"The Chinese Fireball, ohhhh."

Cedric had his go and he pulled out a yellow dragon, The Swedish Short-Snout. It was now my turn. I put my hand in the bag, careful not to get burnt by the remaining two dragons. I grabbed the first one I could find and pulled it out of the bag. It was black all over and had horns sticking out it's head.