Chapter 1

This story takes place in the beginning of the reign of the High King Peter of Narnia in the year 1000 of Narnia

The morning was bright and cheerful. It was the glorious sun shinning in, that woke Queen Lucy on this particular morning. There was a special magic in the air and Lucy felt it.

Hopping out of her bed, she hurried across the polished wood floor to her enormous closet. Dress after dress she saw until a lovely red velvet one with gold trim caught her eye As she held it out to admire it she said,

"It looks like a dress for a queen."

After dressing and combing out her short auburn hair, she made her way to the large mirror that was attached the wall.

"I don't look like myself anymore, but I certainly don't feel like a queen."

It had been two days since her and her sibling's carnioration. As a queen, Lucy thought she ought to feel differently, prehaps more grow up. But she didn't and it puzzled her.

She then walked toward her bed and pulled out a pair of red flat shoes from under the bed where they had been tossed last night after a very long and exhausting tour of their new home, Cair Parevel.

The castle was enormous and magnificent. Numerous rooms and each beautifully decorated. Mind you, there was no air of bragging or snobish attitudes. Aslan would frown upon that as would those who loved him. The castle sat facing the sea, in which if one were to look long and hard enough, one might spot a mermaid.

Lucy slipped her feet into the shoes and hurried down the hall, passing paintings of Narnian history as she went. She stopped at the top of the staircase that overlooked the room with the high table. Seated below at the large table she saw Susan, Edmund, Peter, a light skinned centaur, a tree woman and a dwarf. The aroma was of warm biscuits, fried apples and omelets.

As Lucy desended the stairs, a mole, on his way out to the gardens, was walking toward her.

"Good morning." Lucy spoke kindly.

With a sweeping bow he replied,

"And a good morning to you, your majesty."

Lucy gave a laugh. "Oh you really don't have to call me that, I'm still just Lucy."

The mole's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh no, you were never just Lucy. You have always been special, my lady."

Lucy felt her face grow warm at such sweet words.

"Why thank you Mr. Mole."

"You can call me Lilygloves. I'm always in the garden if you ever need anything."

The queen nodded and watched as the mole, Lilygloves, scurried off to the beautiful gardens.

As Lucy neared the table, she could tell this was not the usual breakfast. Susan now was discussing one of her embroidery projects with Feathersnipes, one of the tree women. Edmund was speaking to Ironhead the dwarf about sword practice. And it was clear that Peter, the High King, was discussing matters of importance with the centaur.

"Good morning!" Lucy began cheerfully.

Edmund turned and gave her a quick smile before returning to Ironhead. Susan looked over and said,

"Good morning, did you sleep well-" she then frowned and continued.  "Where is your crown?"

Lucy glanced around at the rulers and noticed each one had their crowns on. At first she felt rather under dressed but then felt as if she was in the right.

"I didn't see the need to put it on."

"Honestly Lu, you are queen now."

"Queens don't wear their crowns all the time!" Replied Lucy with an unfortunate childish tone.

Edmund looked over and gave his younger sister a sympathetic look.

"We'd better wear our crowns, just for now so we get the hang of it."

Lucy frowned. It seemed perfectly silly to wear a crown to breakfast.

Edmund and Susan both returned to their disscuisons. Lucy looked over at Peter who was now looking over very important papers as the centaur stood by.

"Peter," She began. "Must I wear my crown to breakfast?"

Peter did not glance up as he said,

"Do as Susan tells you."

Lucy hardly thought this was fair. She was now a queen but was still ordered about. She knew better than to interrupt her brother, especially that he was now the High King, but did so anyway.

"But Peter! Why do I have to?"

The table fell dead silent and all eyes turned to Lucy. Even the centaur glanced her way slightly, though in reverence, not in disappointment, as she was still his queen.

"Lucy, you may be a queen of Narnia but there are still rules to follow, just like in England. Now do as Susan says and do not interrupt me again." Peter spoke firmly but kind, in a very kingly manner.

The conversations continued and Peter went back to business as if nothing had happened. Lucy felt more let down than angry as she turned and hurried up the stairs and to her large bedroom.

Closing the door behind her, she said sadly,

"It does not matter where I am, I shall always be the youngest and have to obey everyone. Even as a queen."

A/N
Howdy!! First official chapter, what do you guys think? I'm really excited for this book- I've been looking foward to it for a while. Comments and votes are greatly appreciated!