Chapter 5

Lucy finally stopped when she arrived at a beautiful marble bench. The legs of the bench were lion claws and along the edges were detailed designs. Sitting down, she caught her breath and replayed the scene in her mind. Again, she was displeased with her childish words.

"At least I did tell Susan." She said disheartening.

Suddenly she glanced up and what she saw made her heart leap and for a moment she forgot her troubles. Just turning a corner of the wall that lay around the courtyard was Aslan. Or rather, the tail of Alsan.

Immediately, Lucy raced around the corner to find the Great Lion. If anyone could lift her spirits, it was He. He would know what to do.

To her disappointment, Aslan was nowhere to be found.

"Perhaps I imagined it all."

Lucy was about to give up when suddenly she saw Him. Standing at the entrance to Cair Parevel. His mane blew softly in the breeze and his entire being sent a peaceful song into the wind.

Quick as ever, Lucy raced up to the Lion. She threw her arms around His glorious golden mane and involuntarily began to weep.

In a soft and gentle voice, Aslan spoke,

"I know your hurt my child. Come with me, there is something you should see."

Lucy reluctantly released her grasp and wiped her eyes. Together they made their way into the castle. Neither spoke a word as Aslan led her to their destination. The further they went, the more unfamiliar the environment became.

"I do not remember this in the tour." Said Lucy quietly.

"That is because you did not need to see it yet." Replied the Lion.

On they walked. The walls looked much older and held portraits that Lucy had never seen before. The air had an antique smell but it was not dusty or dirty smelling.

"I feel as if I have stepped back into a different time!" Lucy said as her courisity took over.

The Lion gave a kind chuckle.

Before long, they came to an old wooden door. Lucy looked to Aslan for further instruction. The Lion gave the girl a thoughtful look and waited patiently. Lucy carefully opened the door.

Inside it was airy and surprisingly bright as sunlight streamed through a closed window. The layout reminded Lucy much of her own room, with similar furnishings, though older in styles.

Out from the large wardrobe a nervous voice called out,

"W-who is there?"

Lucy recognized the voice at once but was surprised to hear such fear in Susan's voice.

"It's me, Lucy."

Susan stepped out from the wardrobe and looked at her sister in surprise.

"Lu, how did you find this place?"

"Aslan found me in the courtyard and brought me here." Replied Lucy.

"Aslan! You've seen Aslan?"

Lucy frowned slightly. "Yes, He's right here behind me-"

Lucy stopped when she turned and Aslan was not there.

"That's strange, He was right here." Lucy wondered what had become of her dear friend. She then had a sudden sinking feeling that Susan would think she was only playing games.

"Well, He is not a tame Lion after all." Replied Susan, much to Lucy's surprise.

"How did you find your way here?" Asked Lucy.