the final battle

"Avarda kedarva!"
"Expelliamus!"

Voldemort crumpled to the ground as Harry breathed heavily , his pale face and piercing eyes fixed on the still figure. Suddenly, he was embraced by Ron, Hermione and Ginny. The crowd in the great hall moving towards Harry, who now turned to all the dead boddies, Fred, tonks, Remus, all dead because of him.

Molly came up to Harry muttering something like thank goodness your ok!
" im sorry Molly" Harry muttered.
"He will be watching over us Harry" Molly said.
"But it was my fault!" Insisted Harry
"Harry James Potter don't you dare even think its your fault these people are dead. They chose to fight , they knew the dangers."
"But if i had gone to voldemort when he sent the first message none of them would have died!" Said harry
Before Molly could answer screams of joy erupted, Fred was raising from the floor, looking around him shocked as he was suddenly pulled into bone crushing hugs by his family. Colin got up somewhere either away across the hall, clutching his camera.

The dead bodies on the floor started to move and get up. Harry watched Remus and Tonks come over to him with concerned expressions. Remus embraced harry as harry muttered "sorry"
"Sorry for what Harry?" Asked Tonks
"That you had to be dead, even if you are somehow now alive, it was my fault"
"Harry, don't fool yourself into thinking it was your fault! We all knew the risks of fighting, we could have fleed. But we didn't , it wasn't your fault" comforted Remus.
"If i had just gone to voldemort , earlier, you wouldn't have died"
"You really think he would stop the bloodshed? Anyway what do you mean earlier?" Asked Remus. However Harry didn't get time to explain himself.

the great halls doors swang open and everyone froze. In the entrance to the hall stood Sirius, dumbledore, dobby, Cedric, snape, hedwig and many more. But harry stared at two of them in particular, James and lilly potter.

Harry was covered in blood and mud, his face was colourless and his breaths were heavy, he was also very, very thin. His two wands were still gripped in his hand and in front of him lay the dark lords dead shell. He was shaking as Tonks and Remus stood beside him. His eyes held a haunted look. A boy who had been forced to grow up to fast.

Sirius, lilly and James ran over to harry, followed by dumbledore, smiling proudly.
"Harry! What happened?" Asked Sirius
" its been 2 years since you died Sirius.."
"Oh harry! My baby boy! Harry! How long!" Said lilly
"17 years"
"17 years!" Shouted James!
"Prongs!?!"
"Moony!!!"
"Pads?!?"
"Nice to see you again moony. " Sirius smirked.
"Oh my merlin! Is that voldomort!" Gasped lilly.
"Its ok, he's dead" said harry
"Who killed him?" Asked Sirius and James at the same time.
"Your son" Remus said, holding Harry's shoulder. Harry smiled feebily.
"Do you want some quiet harry, we could go upstairs?" Suggested Sirius gently.
"Yes please" replied Harry.

-

Harry was lying down for a bit, he was tired and needed to think. Remus had healed most of his injury's but harry still felt shaken. The marauders and lilly were quietly talking amount themselves. Hermionie, ron and Ginny were sitting around harry, leaning against the beds with their eyes closed. After about half an hour the trio and Ginny went down to see the adults. Ginny had already spoken to Fred and was delighted as was Ron. Harry was overwhelmed but very happy. Hermione was happy that her friends family were back, she was planning to soon go to Australia to recover her parents. 
"Do you want to know what happened tonight?" Asked harry
"Only if your ready," lily said. Harry nodded and started to speak.

"When we were at Hogwarts to find ravenclaws diadem voldemort sent a message saying he was coming, if they did not hand me over then he would kill them. They refused to give him me and i went to find the diadem. I found it and we destroyed it. It was a horocrux. We had been looking for them all year and we only needed two more. The snake was one, and so was i. We went to voldemort to try and get the snake and we watched him kill Snape. Neville killed the snake a while after. When i returned to Hogwarts Snape had given me his memories. I saw them. When i came back i could see Remus, Tonks, Fred and loads others. All dead. Voldumort sent a message saying i had permitted all my friends to die. He said he would stop if i met him in the forest. I went into the forest and used the resuruction stone to see you all. Then i let voldemort kill me, i was a horocxrux, so i had to die. He killed me, but not all of me, i saw Dumbledore and he explained. Voldemort had killed the horocrux inside of me. So i could go back. I chose to return and i played dead. Naricissa malfroy checked i was dead and she asked if draco was safe, i said yes and she told voldumort i was dead, even though she new i wasn't. Hagrid took me back to the castle and i had to act dead, everyone thought i was. Voldemort started to kill and i had the opportunity to get under the cloak. I went into the hall and Molly weasly fought Bellatrix lestrange, she killed her. Voldumorts best ally was dead, and so were many others. He aimed a curse at molly and i cast a shield charm to protect her. I took of the cloak and faced voldemort. I said how none of his curses could hurt anyone and how he couldn't touch them. This was because i went into the forest and died for them all, to protect them. I gave them the same protection Mum gave me. He had killed part of me, so it worked. I told him how he wasn't the master of the elder wand, he killed Snape, but Snape never beat Dumbledore, Dumbledore asked Snape to murder him, it was planned. But draco disarmed dumbledore, so draco was the elder wands master. I disarmed draco so I'm the wands master. I used the wand to fix my old one and left the elder wand in dumbledores office, i intend to die a natural death, therefore its power should die with me. Then you all came back to life" finished harry, looking around at the faces.

Lilly, Hermione, tonks and Ginny were gripping James, Ron, Remus and harry, tears stained the girls faces. Sirius, James and Remus were deathly white, staring at harry with wide eyes.
"I cant believe you went into the forest" said Sirius, shaking his head.
"It was horrible seeing you dead" whimpered Hermione as Ginny and Ron nodded.
"I had to, i thought everyone would die, it was already my fault that so many people were dead. Anyway, i was a horocrux, if i didn't die, voldumort couldn't. And he and to die." Said harry.
"Its not your fault harry, anyway, forget about the deaths harry, were back!" Said lupin
"Oh harry! You said you were going to destroy another horocrux! Not walk to your death!" Exclaimed Ginny and hermionie.
"I was, i was the horocrux, and how could i tell you that i was walking to my death without you stopping me or coming with me?"
"You should've been stopped!" Exclaimed Ron, Hermione and Ginny.
"You shouldn't of had handle that at seventeen!" Said James.
"Harry's handled a lot" said Ron
"Like what?" Asked lilly.
"Later" said harry.

Dumbledore walked in smiling at the group.
"Would you like my pensive?" He asked. "Harry could show you his memories. "
"Tommorow, harry, i think you should rest" Sirius firmly said, putting his arm around harry protectively. Harry shot Sirius a grateful look.
"Very well" dumbledore said pleasantly "come to me when you want it" dumbledore left as harry and the others climbed into bed.