godrics hallow

"Hermione?"

"Hmm?"

"I've been thinking.

" that's not good" ron said
Harry glared at him

I – I want to go to Godric's Hollow."

She looked up at him, but her eyes were unfocused.

"Yes," she said. "Yes, I've been wondering that too. I really think we'll have to."

"Did you hear him right?" Ron asked, a dumbstruck look on his face

"Did you hear me right?" he asked.

Several people laughed as Ron and harry grinned at each other.

"Of course I did. You want to go to Godric's Hollow. I agree. I think we should. I mean, I can't think of anywhere else it could be either. It'll be dangerous, but the more I think about it, the more likely it seems it's there."

"What's there?" James asked, tilting his head.

"Er – what's there?" asked Harry.

At that, she looked just as bewildered as he felt.

"Well, the sword, Harry! Dumbledore must have known you'd want to go back there, and I mean, Godric's Hollow is Godric Gryffindor's birthplace –"

"Really? Gryffindor came from Godric's Hollow?"

Lilly smacked her head. "Honestly harry! Its written in a history of magic , and how common is the name godric?"
Harry grinned sheepishly.

"Harry, did you ever even open A History of Magic?"

"Erm," he said, smiling for what felt like the first time in months. "I might've opened it, you know, when I bought it . . . just the once. . . ."

Sirius snorted. "Sounds familiar" he eyed James.

"Well, as the village is named after him I'd have thought you might have made the connection," said Hermione. She sounded much more like her old self than she had done of late;

"Good" said lily softly.

"There's a bit about the village in A History of Magic, wait . . ."

She opened the beaded bag and rummaged for a while, finally extracting her copy of their old school textbook, A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot, which she thumbed through until finding the page she wanted.

"'Upon the signature of the International Statute of Secrecy in 1689, wizards went into hiding for good. It was natural, perhaps, that they formed their own small communities within a community. Many small villages and hamlets attracted several magical families, who banded together for mutual support and protection. The villages of Tinworsh in Cornwall, Upper Flagley in Yorkshire, and Ottery St. Catchpole on the south coast of England were notable homes to knots of Wizarding families who lived alongside tolerant and sometimes Confunded Muggles. Most celebrated of these half-magical dwelling places is, perhaps, Godric's Hollow, the West Country village where the great wizard Godric Gryffindor was born, and where Bowman Wright, Wizarding smith, forged the first Golden Snitch. The graveyard is full of the names of ancient magical families, and this accounts, no doubt, for the stories of hauntings that have dogged the little church beside it for many centuries.'