Potterwatch

"I've got it, I've got it! Password was 'Albus'! Get in here, Harry."

"Potterwatch" explained Ron briefly for those who glanced at him in confusion. A few faces lit up, while others still looked confused. The trio just waved at the memory. 

Harry hurried back inside the tent to find Ron and Hermione kneeling on the floor beside the little radio. Hermione, who had been polishing the sword of Gryffindor just for something to do, was sitting open-mouthed, staring at the tiny speaker, from which a most familiar voice was issuing.

"...apologize for our temporary absence from the airwaves, which was due to a number of house calls in our area by those charming Death Eaters."

"But that's Lee Jordan!" said Hermione.

"What are they doing?" Lily asked.

"Potterwatch," Bill said simply, repeating Ron

"Which is?" Sirius tilted his head

"A radio station we used to tell people the truth about Voldemort and everything that was going on" Remus explained grinning

"Brilliant!" the James and Sirius yelled.

"I know!" beamed Ron. "Cool, eh?"

"...now found ourselves another secure location," Lee was saying, and I'm pleased to tell you that two of our regular contributors have joined me here this evening. Evening, boys!"

"Hi."

"Evening, River."

"River?" Lily repeated in confusion. 

"'River'" that's Lee," Ron explained. "They've all got code names, but you can usually tell -"

"Shh!" said Hermione.

"But before we hear from Royal and Romulus," Lee went on, "let's take a moment to report those deaths that the Wizarding Wireless Network News and Daily Prophet don't think important enough to mention. It is with great regret that we inform our listeners of the murders of Ted Tonks and Dirk Cresswell."

Everyone bowed their heads in grief, the trio closing their eyes and Tonks hair toning down a few shades from its usually bright bubblegum pink. 

He, Ron, and Hermione gazed at one another in horror.

"A goblin by the name of Gornuk was also killed.

It is believed that Muggle-born Dean Thomas and a second goblin, both believed to have been travelling with Tonks, Cresswell, and Gornuk, may have escaped. If Dean is listening, or if anyone has any knowledge of his whereabouts, his parents and sisters are desperate for news.

The trio frowned remembering where they were and shuddering slightly. 

"Meanwhile, in Gaddley, a Muggle family of five has been found dead in their home.

Muggle authorities are attributing their deaths to a gas leak, but members of the Order of the Phoenix inform me that it was the Killing Curse - more evidence, as if it were needed, of the fact that Muggle slaughter is becoming little more than a recreational sport under the new regime.

"Finally, we regret to inform our listeners that the remains of Bathilda Bagshot have been discovered in Godric's Hollow. The evidence is that she died several months ago.

"Took a while," the twins joked feebly, glancing around at the somber faces. 

The Order of the Phoenix informs us that her body showed unmistakable signs of injuries inflicted by Dark Magic.