comfort

I'm on holiday!! Yay!! Thanks to muskipati for all the support! Go check out their story 'Harry's loved ones return' its similar to this one and the same topic. They've just started it and its very good!

Enjoy this chapter!
Em x

The group left the pensive, a few sending glares towards Ron.
"But you where together! At Hogwarts I mean... What's the saying? Thick as thieves?" Neville said.
"He came back " said Harry softly. A few of the glares softened but where still there. Suddenly, Ron got up and strode out of the common room. Harry and Hermione exchanged concerned glances. "We'll go find him" said Harry.
" he feels guilty" Hermione added, standing up. The two followed Ron out of the door. Neville and Luna said they where going down to the greenhouse for a bit and for someone to come get them when they where going to watch the memories. Ginny, Fred and George went out as well, the twins smirking cunningly, whispering something to Ginny.

As soon as they where gone, all the adults turned to each other. "Do you think they'll be alright? All of them?" Asked Tonks.
Sirius sighed. "They will be"
"Eventually" muttered Remus.

Most off the adults new what war changes people, James, Lilly, Sirius, Remus, Molly and Arthur had grown up in a war and the period Voldemort was at large. Sirius, Remus, Molly and Arthur had fought in and survived the first war but they had never been the same.

Sirius was thrown into the worst place possible while grieving the death of his all but blood brother, oh, and there was dementors.

Remus had been left alone and broken in the dark of his home, for 12 years he had seen no connection to James and he rarely broke a smile.

Molly had left her two brothers, Fabian and Gideon, in the first wizarding war and a lot of her family. Even now she wasn't the same. A small part of her hoped they would return, but Harry didn't know them therefore didn't truly care for them, only the people he truly cared for returned. She had got Fred back though, and for that she would always be grateful.

Arthur had seen men and friends die around him, that was a sight people could never recover from, a sight that would haunt people forever.

Tonks was younger, but no less hurt by the war. She had fought in the second war valiantly and killed and seen others die at a young age. She had seen the love of her life die before her eyes before dying herself.

War changed people. Changed them forever, people can pick up the pieces and glue themselves back together but their never the same. Like a feeble marble statue, glued together but can fall apart at the slightest touch.

** The astronomy tower **

Harry and Hermione had the marauders map in front of them, trying to locate Ron's name. "Here he is" pointed out Hermione, "at the astronomy tower"

Harry nodded and the pair went up to the tower. Ron was standing with his back to them, looking out the window. "Ron" Hermione said. Ron jumped, spinning around.
"Hey" muttered Ron.
"You do know we don't blame you or care" harry said.
"You should" grumbled Ron.
"Well we don't" Hermione said stubbornly. 
"So stop blaming yourself. We were all stressed, the horocrux messed up our thoughts, we where afraid and we had no idea what we where doing. I don't blame you for leaving, and neither does Hermione. You saved my life anyway" harry said.
"Ron, I love you but you really are quite thick sometimes. Do you really believe we still blame you?" Hermione added.

Ron sighed, the guilty look still edged on his face. "C'mon, let's go back to the common room. Its cold up here" harry said.
Hermione grabbed Ron's hand and pulled him into a hug, she grabbed Harry to and they shared a group hug on the tower before going back down the steps.