Xenophiilius's betrayal

Hey, 

So, I know it's been ages, but here's a new chapter. I know this has hardly been regularly updated, and it probably won't ever be. I love writing, and I've started writing my own stories, ones which I hope one day I can publish. I've been crowded with school work, and I've got a big, important project on at the moment, and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I will write when I have the time, and I'm sorry if that's not often. You guys have all been absolutely amazing, and the comments I receive means the world to me. The support I've received throughout this is what inspired me to create my own book. You guys are all talented and amazing, and I hope you are all inspired to always keep doing what you love. Enjoy this new chapter, and I'll update when I can. 

Love,

Hufflepuffmarauder 

Probably to show the Poisoning Department at St. Mungo's," said Ron under his breath.

"It's actually very nice," Luna said, frowning slightly at Ron, who flushed. 

"And we'd be grateful for anything by that point," Harry said in a low voice, speaking only to Ron and Hermione. 

Harry waited until they could hear Xenophilius moving about in the kitchen downstairs before speaking.

"What do you think?" he asked Hermione.

"Oh, Harry," she said wearily, "it's a pile of utter rubbish. This can't be what the sign really means. This must just be his weird take on it.

"It was not!" Luna said, annoyed.

"We know, Luna," Harry smiled calmly. 

What a waste of time."

"Obviously not," Lily said. "Since Harry's showing it us."

"It seemed like a waste of time" corrected Hermione. "It actually proved useful" 

"I s'pose this is the man who brought us Crumple-Horned Snorkacks," said Ron.

"You didn't believe it either?" Harry asked him.

"Nah, that story's just one of those things you tell kids to teach them lessons, isn't it? 'Don't go looking for trouble, don't go pick fights, don't go messing around with stuff that's best left alone! Just keep your head down, mind your own business, and you'll be okay. Come to think of it," Ron added, "maybe that story's why elder wands are supposed to be unlucky."

"What are you talking about?"

"One of those superstitions, isn't it? 'May-born witches will marry Muggles.' 'Jinx by twilight, undone by midnight.' 'Wand of cider, never prosper.' You must have heard them. My mum's full of them."

"We have old wives tales," said Lily.

"Yeah like, if you carry an acorn, you will have continued good luck and a long life," Hermione said. "Or an apple a day keeps the doctor away."

"A doctor is kind of like a healer," Arthur said, excitedly, eyes sparkling, eager to share his knowledge. 

"Harry and I were raised by Muggles," Hermione reminded him. "We were taught different superstitions." She sighed deeply as a rather pungent smell drifted up from the kitchen.

"I think you're right," she told him. "It's just a morality tale, it's obvious which gift is best, which one you'd choose –"

The cloak," the twins answered, brimming with ideas of how much mischief they could have done if they had had the cloak. The others rolled their eyes at the twins excitement.