Chapter Six

Zay was about to have a freaking meltdown due to his idiot friends hosting that idiot plan that led them to a very idiot like situation yesterday

There was no doubt that he wanted Maya and Lucas to end up together, and he knew for a fact that he was not going to go down with a fight. And according to what one of his close friends, Maya Penelope Hart had just spilled to this boy, sent him over the edge of face-palming and fangirling to the death. Instead of having both of those reactions come out, he glared at her with pure annoyance, and simply uttered out, "how in your right mind did that make sense. Are you trying to get him with Riley or have him to yourself?"

Maya was displeased with his words and attitude, but it was only because she knew he was right deep down. But truthfully, she didn't know why this plan was heading in a peculiar direction. "Everything we did was for Riley. He likes Riley. Lucas likes Riley." Zay looked past her and took notice of Lucas who was casually talking to Riley at her locker. Maya turned around and noticed the two. "But maybe it shouldn't happen again."

Zay nodded in agreement. "Mhm. If you want him with Riley, the only lips that he should be kissing are hers."

"Yeah." She said. "You're right."

"Unless you don't want this plan anymore. There's always plan LUCAYA."

Maya slapped the back of his head as she rolled her eyes at the stupid ship name that he had came up with in the 7th grade. "Go think about Vanessa."

A broken look struck his face as he banged his head against the locker.

But deep down, Zay knew that Maya probably wasn't going to listen. Which was going to screw up the situation further. Maya stared at the two and smiled assuringly to herself. They looked cute together. The plan was working as Maya could tell. She stood next to him closer than usual, smiling bigger than normal. She couldn't help but smile, seeing the progressing development. But what confused Maya even further was why Riley constantly switched from having googly-eyes for Lucas, to completely cutting him off the next, and then to be under his wing once again.

<>