Chapter Nine

"Maya?" Lucas said as he suddenly awoke. He looked to his side and she wasn't beside him as they had once fell asleep. Confused, he checked her alarm which read three in the morning. That was peculiar; Lucas never woke up in the middle of the night. "Where are you?" He whispered again.

A moment later, he saw light beneath Maya's bathroom door and sighed in slight relief. She opened the door with a small smile playing on her lips, walking over to the boy. He took notice of her pajamas, which were definitely not the same ones she wore to sleep. Lucas didn't even think those were her clothes.

Wait.

Those were his.

His eyes boggled at her choice of dress and she cocked her head in confusion. "Anything wrong?"

Lucas gulped before saying, "you're wearing my shirt."

A mischievous smile lifted back on her face as she sat on her bed, his grey shirt lifting, revealing her more of her upper thighs. "Thought it looked better on me." Maya reached over and caressed some pieces of hair out of his face. "You said so yourself before we fell asleep, remember?"

"I.. I did?"

"Yeah. You were pretty tired, but I don't blame you. We did spend two additional hours awake before falling asleep." She spoke lightly as her first finger gently moved from his neck to his lips, a small sensual smile lifting her face. Lucas leaned into her touch, his eyes darkening with liking before the blonde leaned in close, wrapping her arms around his neck before leaning in.

Maya's alarm blared throughout the room as both teens gasped awake, sitting up immediately and meeting each other's eyes. Lucas's cheeks turned a dark red, suddenly glancing away as he wiped his forehead. "Nightmare?" She asked as she shut off her alarm clock. Lucas nodded and took one more breath as the girl stood up out of her bed. Maya was not wearing his shirt and she certainly didn't look sensual and they definitely did not spend two additional hours awake last night.

"I have them sometimes." She added, looking at her tired reflection, walking over to her bathroom door the next moment. Maya muttered something he could kind of hear like, 'they're more recent now.' As she opened and closed the bathroom door behind her. Lucas watched the door close and suddenly felt a small movement under the girl's bed sheets, curiously looking down. He frowned at his hormonal growing perk, and stood up as Lucas began changing his clothes whilst ignoring the problem beneath him.

<>

Zay smiled as the two lovebirds walked down the hallway together, Maya pulling her hair into a side braid. "Walking in at the same time?" He began with a smug smile. "Did he sleep over?" Zay felt the need to add, in a smaller voice. Maya rolled her eyes and kicked his shin with her boot, him wincing in the process. "Okay. I only assumed this because it's either Lucas who walks in later or you earlier."

"Very observant, Zay." Lucas rolled his eyes as he leaned against the locker. Farkle and Riley walked down the hall the next moment with a bunch of whispers which began to fade out as they walked closer to their friends. They were trying to be nonchalant, and yeah maybe Lucas and Zay fell for it because they're well, boys, but Maya was not stupid. Riley turned to them and smiled in her famous perky greeting.

"Hi!" She waved to Lucas, Zay and Maya. Getting to the point, Maya lunged out and grabbed Riley's wrist, practically being dragged by her feet. Her eyes widened at the blonde's forwardness, and adjusted her skirt. "Maya, you could be more polite!"

"And you could be better at keeping secrets from me, but you're not. What is going on?" She snapped, resting her hands on her hips. "Why are you and Farkle hanging out so much? I thought you were going out with Lucas."