Chapter Ten: Exploration

Chapter Ten

Exploration

Mizushima Kasumi’s Point of View

            Both the boys and the girl’s team were about to board a plane to enter the Junior Swimming World Championships in London. Our plan was to practice non-stop and cram any information was about our opponents before the actual competition began. Make friends . . . Go sightseeing . . . and maybe I could hopefully sneak some time so that Haruka and I could go look around . . . The London Eye . . . The Benjamin clock tower . . . the palaces . . . everything . . . anything . . . As long as I was with him.

            “Ticket please,” the female flight attendant asked me for my papers.

            I handed her my ticket, and she allowed me to pass through the ramp onto the plane.

            Here was how it was going to go . . . I actually have no idea. All I wanted to know was that I was going to sit next to Haruka, but . . . alas, that’s not all that possible, now is it?

            “Ano . . . Where are we sitting?” I asked, too lazy to reach for my ticket lying inside my small backpack.

            “Um . . .” Arisu began. “First class seats! Can you believe it?! I. Am. So. Excited, Girl!”

            “Excuse me, ma’am,” one of the flight attendants asked. “Please lower down your voice. Thank you.”

            “Gomen . . .” she lowered her head down in embarrassment.

            As we settled down in our seats, I ended up sitting next to Arisu; Haruka with Makoto; Rei with Rin; Nagisa with Gou; et cetera.

            Just as I had finished placing my small luggage over on the top, I noticed a young, pregnant woman, looking tired and distressed seemingly walking over to end of the boarding plane. Seeing how tired and weary she was, I took action of the matter.

            “Excuse me, ma’am,” I asked her politely as I stood up. “Would you like to take my seat?”

            She was taken back by my sudden offer and replied in hesitation and gratitude.

            “Arigato,” she smiled warmly. “There are rarely any kind people out there anymore.”

            I arose from my seat, and helped her sit down. After placing her luggage up in the bin in place of mine, I asked her for her seat number before leaving for passenger seat I took in place of mine.

            My seat was by the window. Sunlight was shining through the glass and gleamed upon the various people and items behind me. As the plane set off into the deep atmosphere, I saw the clouds from above . . . They were like an ocean of rippling waves of immaculate white. Some clouds were above the others, so it was as if your were floating on white waves while staring off into spaces of sky blue and white blotches of small clouds here and there.