Chapter Thirty-One: A Dream Gone Wrong

Chapter Thirty-One

A Dream Gone Wrong

Mizushima Kasumi’s Point of View

            “Nanase, walk more slowly!” Asami chided poor Haruka as he was apparently walking down the aisle of the church, where her wedding was to be held, too quickly, and not intact with the wedding music.

            Nanase simply nodded his head as he started at the end of the aisle once again, and then proceeded to walk ‘more slowly’ to the other side of the lane.

            “That’s more like it!” Asami clasped her hands together, eyes glittering with delight.

            “Reo!” she then suddenly glared at her poor cousin. “Don’t walk in a zig-zag. Walk in a straight line, please.”

            “Sheesh,” the eighteen-year-old boy scratched the back of his head in irritation, as he too, started at the end of the aisle once again, and then proceeded to walk in a straight line to the other side of the passageway.

            “Great job!” Asami rubbed the top of the boy’s head, messing his hair up in the process.

            “Ugh,” he deadpanned as he sat down at one of the pews.

            “Don’t you think you’ve been drilling them enough, dear?” Masaru-nii sweat-dropped at the scene.

            “Naw,” my brother’s fiancé shrugged her shoulders. “It’s only a day before the wedding! And why did you ask people who reside outside of our Prefecture and outside of Japan?”

            “Um, they’re my good friends,” he replied simply, his hands in his pockets.

            “You are truly hopeless,” she sighed in mock ‘annoyance’ before turning her attention back to the two groomsmen in the room—Nanase and Reo. “We’ve been doing this for about two hours now, so I think it’s enough. You guys can go now.”

            At that, she exited the room, nowhere to be seen, leaving Masaru-nii, Nanase, and Reo left in the room.

            “Well that escalated quickly,” I blinked my eyes several times before snapping back into reality.

            “You could say that again,” my brother smacked his forehead.

            “I’m surprised you’re not hosting a bachelor’s party or whatever before your wedding day,” I teased. “You were always such the player.”

            “Hey!” he faked anger. “What’s that supposed to mean?!”