Chapter Thirty: Preparations and Invitations

Chapter Thirty

Preparations and Invitations

Mizushima Kasumi’s Point of View

            It had been a few months since Christmas—the last time I saw Nanase. Though we had planned for me to stay until New Year’s, his Head Coach and Mr. Sato called the entire team into order and practice since someone from Europe forged himself as threatening competition to Japan’s win for the Olympics by breaking the world record Nanase completed just a few days before at Japan’s National Championships. Therefore, Nanase was busy all day long, coming home at late hours . . . That was the reason I left earlier than usual to tend to my studies and make sure Masaru-nii wasn’t fooling around at home.

            Today, however, was nearing one of Masaru-nii’s biggest days of his life—his wedding day. Of course, Asami and her sisters already picked out her wedding dress, and Masaru-nii was going to wear his tux with a grey-stripped-silver tie. Mother and Father were finally going to visit us since after forever. Their headquarters were stationed now in the States, so their commute to Japan was much more difficult to attain than before.

            Asami’s youngest sister was to be the maid of honor, her younger/middle sister was to be a bridesmaid, which was what position I was to be as well for the wedding.

            Nanase would be coming as well as one of Masaru-nii’s groomsmen, and it would also be his first time meeting my parents. His plane was dropping in today, and I would be picking him up.

            “The wedding’s just three days away!” Asami freaked out as she was staring at her wedding dress. “After all the planning and everything it’s finally coming to the point where I am officially freaking out.”

            As I was the only other person in the room, I replied passively, “Evidently.”

            She sighed before asking for my input, “Should I pin up the hem of the dress a bit more or . . .”

            I observed the dress, making each and every note and contradiction of whether or not the dress’s hem should have been lifted or not before replying with a smile, “Naw, it’s good.”

            “Phew,” she exhaled in relief. “So many things to do . . . And I need to call the catering again to ensure that they arrive with the meals on time . . . and then I need to make sure that all the bridesmaids still fit their dresses . . . again . . . though I just asked them a few weeks ago . . . You never know nowadays . . . The eating good food is irresistible.”

            I chuckled before replying, “Indeed.”

            “So when will Nanase be coming?” she raised an eyebrow at me before covering her immaculate white dress with the plastic cover and putting it away in the closet.

            “I’m supposed to leave at 5:30 P.M. to get there, though he won’t be arriving until 6:15,” I responded hastily as I sowed the last stitch to my bridesmaid outfit, since I lost about ten pounds from when I bought the dress. “I still have about half-an-hour until I have to go.”