Chapter Fourteen: Je T'aime

Chapter Fourteen

Je T’aime

Mizushima Kasumi’s Point of View

            Wait . . . what? He loved me? Or did I just hear incorrectly?

            We stared at each other on end . . . Neither of us were intending to say a word . . . and both of us were too much in shock to reply either. Just leaning on metal fence . . . waiting for the other to say something to the other.

            “So,” I said one word, in which I regretted immediately afterwards since it just made the whole situation more awkward.

            However, that wasn’t the case, since Nanase just laughed endlessly with no apparent end . . .

            After abruptly stopping to contemplate the matter solemnly, he replied with a blush, “Since we both . . . love each other . . . Do . . . would . . .”

            He stopped right there, yet I still looked at him intently, waiting for his continuation of the latter.

            “Would you like to court me?” He closed his eyes tightly, before covering his hand over those deep, cerulean eyes of his.

            They were what attracted me to him most. Not only his eyes attracted me to him . . . or his completely attractive self . . . but also his personality. His hair smelled of the ocean breeze no matter how dirty he got or where he was . . . He always smelled that particular smell . . . I loved it so . . .

            “I’ll take that as a no then,” Haruka noted my silence as a decline.

            “No, no, no!” I stood up straight and stood right in front of him, hands clenched at my sides. “I really do love you! I was just . . . in a daze . . . since . . . you . . . well, um . . . asked me the question I’ve always wanted to hear, and so, yeah, I was just daydreaming and in a daze . . . It’s so shocking I can’t stop trying to snap out of the dream, yet I don’t want to snap out of it . . . and I was kind of stunned when you told Julia that you used to like her, so I thought I didn’t have a chance and so forth . . . and I really thought that you’d still like her or something, and so-“

            I was interrupted by something touching my lips. He was kissing me . . . Nanase . . . was kissing me . . . After I got over that fact, that, by the way, took a few seconds, I kissed him back with equal passion and ardor.

            After our lips parted, Nanase held me close, before telling me, “I’ve always loved you . . . I’ve tried to get you off my mind . . . but you’re always there . . . Always there in the back of my mind, no matter what. I care about you a lot, more than you will ever know. I love you, not Julia. You’re the one who makes my head spin crazy, not her, unless you count the vexation she causes me sometimes.”

            He chuckled at his little joke before continuing, “I’ve spent far too many nights dreaming that one day . . . I could officially call you mine . . . call you “love” . . . my “girlfriend” . . . my everything. You’re the reason why I strive to swim competitively and win . . . Julia may have won gold, and you, silver, but just because she won first, doesn’t mean that you’ll always be second to her. In the next round . . . the 500 meters . . . beat her there . . . That’s where you’ll truly shine.”

            He kissed my forehead. I knew that I should say something, since that was the longest speech I ever heard him say . . . ever.

            I took a deep breath, “I’ve . . . spent so much time . . . reading romance novels, books, and stories . . . seeing their perfect lives, and wishing that my romance life could be like theirs too. Like you, I would sometimes lie around in bed . . . dreaming that you were my romantic interest and I had the most dramatic, yet most fulfilling life.”

            I laughed lightly before continuing, “That time when I would push you away . . . I still kept you close . . . mentally, if not in person . . . I didn’t want to face the fact that I loved you or anything . . . but it was true . . . I really like you . . . a lot . . . Some people say it’s too early for love . . . and it should wait until after college or one gets a stable job . . . but I think love comes to you from where you are . . . You can’t buy love . . . unless temporary . . . you can’t pursue it . . . since you can’t make somebody love you . . . And I found that the one for me was you . . . You were always there . . . you remembered me . . . and . . . you’re the one that even if I want to let you go . . . I can never will . . .”

            I looked into his cerulean eyes . . . and he looked into mine . . . The atmosphere around us felt like yearning . . . a yearn for love . . . A love that would last forever . . . Forever young . . . Forever strong . . . Forever remembered . . . It was one that would be reminisced by all as powerfully built . . . with intricate locks and keys . . .

            “As for my question I asked earlier,” Haruka smirked playfully. “You didn’t answer yet.”

            “About that . . .” I fake hesitation. “I think . . . that it could be a yes? I’m not quite sure myself . . . Hm . . .”

            We both laughed before he lifted me up with his muscular arms, my legs . . . dangling down like flimsy material . . .

            I snuggled my nose against his before answering, “Never in my life would it ever be a no, dummy . . . Je t’aime . . . Simply put . . . yes . . .”

            With that being said, this time, I kissed him first, pulling him closer than it already was, with the thought that we would never let go . . .

~*~*~*~

Literally the best chapter ever . . . xD

And my most romantic one so far . . . o.O

#shocker

Well . . . I updated MUCH faster than previously . . . so . . . let's just say that I liked this very much and I was inspired by "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men . . .

:P Later, everyone! :D

~FujiwaraYuko~