two

beaches are fun for families and college boys looking for hot girls to shag. beaches are not fun for maya hart.

she always ends up with sand in the worst places, her shoes get dirty, and theres always a kid crying. it's just not really her, like, scene.

but spread out on a beach chair with her black sunglasses shading her eyes, maya can easily appreciate the comfort of relaxing on a beach. her flannel and converse are tossed to the sand beside her, pale skin soaking in the sun's rays. the heat is borderline unbearable, and she wishes she would've pulled on a bikini before leaving (seriously, who goes to a beach with no swim wear?), but its still nice. plus, she cant hear any crying babies, so.

in fact, maya is so relaxed that she can feel herself nodding off to the sounds of the ocean when- thwack!

she hears the sound of a yelp, and a hard pain in her forehead before her beach chair is tipping over and a body is smashing into hers onto the sand.

she glances over, to see a head full of brown curls, long, tan legs, and arms tangled with her own.

maya sits up, mustering the meanest glare to shoot the girl and, oh.

shes really pretty. as in, movie star pretty. maya is positive that this girl is some soon-to-be supermodel.

"how the hell did you even manage to do that?" maya asks, remembering that the sneer shes giving her is partly hidden by the shades.

"oh! um, i- you see, im extremely clumsy. you already knew that, uh, im riley. hi," she says sweetly, hand still cupping her forehead that must have suffered a pretty hard blow when she slammed it into maya's face.

"right, whatever," maya rolls her eyes, pushing the sunglasses up to her hair so she can get a real view of riley.

she's wearing a red halter top and a white skirt that compliments her tan legs, and a pair of shallow dimples are exposed as she smiles.

"im maya, and you owe me for nearly killing me," she introduces, reaching her hand out for riley to shake.

she does, and maya notes how much longer riley's fingers are, and how they envelope hers. she thinks for a moment that they'd look really nice intertwined, but the thought is gone as fast as it came.