𝟎𝟓. Real Life

"I HATE YOU SO MUCH

        "I HATE YOU SO MUCH."

         "No you don't," Jude disagreed, smiling sweetly at his younger sister as he led them towards the red carpet, "You love me very much, actually."

         MJ's glare only intensified, not even caring that the cameras were probably on them and they would all see the headline JUDE WATSON AND UNHAPPY GIRLFRIEND or whatever they want to title it. "You're a little bitch and I fucking hate your guts."

         "Sure you do, not smile," Jude said casually, looking forward at the paparazzi who didn't care about him as much as the other actors were coming, but a picture was still a picture. MJ huffed but did as asked, putting on her best fake smile and looking towards the flashing cameras.

         "I'm gonna kill you, Jude," she gritted out, watching as he nodded at the information and a flash of fear caught his eyes.

         "Look, of course I wasn't gonna tell you that it's the Far From Home premier – you wouldn't have come and then I wouldn't be able to laugh at you," Jude explained to her, whining at the last bit he added.

         "How unfortunate – you're still an ass," MJ snapped back at him.

         "But I love you very much," Jude told her, "And it's not like I explicitly asked for tickets or anything – I was invited by a cast member."

         "More specific please?" MJ asked, though her tone implied that it wasn't a question at all but a command.

         Jude huffed and pouted at her as they moved further down the carpet. "I don't know – one of the coordinators or whatever DM'd me with two tickets so yeah, I'm taking you with me."

         "And then you wonder why I hate you," MJ finished, rolling her eyes as she continued walking. God, she had gotten all dressed up and excited to laugh at reporters for nothing; for being tortured with fucking Spider-Man.

         And ugh, one of the castmates? Who the fuck knows about her? She knows that her name is public and everyone's a little bit aware that Jude's her brother and her name is Mary Jane – but they haven't tagged a cast member in anything. She made sure that they never got word of her name in case they laughed at her.

         Not that it really mattered; they didn't know her and she shouldn't care if they laughed at her or not, but she still did and she still feared that she was going to be the laughing stock of the event. That whoever it was that contacted her brother would see her here and call her out while laughing and embarrass her. God, what a nightmare.

         "I don't wonder, you always tell me why," Jude replied, a shit-eating grin still present on his features, "That's what I love about you; you're always so blunt."

         MJ rolled her eyes at him again and elbowed his side harshly, causing him to yelp in pain which she took great pleasure in. They continued down the red carpet in silence until they reached the in and were entering the venue.

         Once inside, MJ sucked in a breath before turning to her brother. "I'm going to the bathroom," she told him.

         "Please tell me this isn't a lie so that you can sneak out – I already told Kat and Dom that you were with me and I can't disappoint them," Jude said.

         "I'm not leaving. I got all dressed up for this and I'm am not wasting this effort on just some fucking McDonald's," MJ scoffed and he nodded.

         "Alright, be back soon!"

         And so she was off, looking for the bathroom which didn't take long. She got in and looked in the mirror before letting out a loud huff. She so wished that she hadn't put up a fight and pleaded with Jude to bring her – it was such a big mistake. Kat would've had a better time than her.

         Eventually, she knew she had to go back to Jude because she promised that she wasn't going to run away and Mary Jane Watson did not break her promises. Well, unless they were to her professors and then...yeah, okay, she cheated a little and lied. But they were professors! They didn't care about her so it was fine!

         But Jude...even though he was the worst thing ever and the current bane of her existence, he was her brother and she would never break a promise to him because of that.

         So, she exited the bathroom looking at her feet, not even realizing there was another person coming until she bumped into them.

         "Sorry," she mumbled out, as one always said when they bumped into another person.

         "It's my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going," the other person chuckled, "Sorry."

         She frowned, thinking the voice familiar, and when she looked up she realized why.

         "Oh, it's you," she sneered at the stranger, not sparing him another look before storming off and going back to her terrible, awful brother who deserved a fate worse than death for this.

         Of course the worst thing that could happen did, as it always happened to his character; she had the worst case of Parker luck and she wasn't even a Parker!

         "Well, you look happy," Jude commented when she found him, causing her to send yet another glare his way.

         "Fuck you. I just ran into Tom fucking Holland because you brought me here," MJ told him before whacking him on the head.

         He just looked at her expecting more as he comforted the back of his head. "And that's a bad thing...?"

         "Um, duh!"