Chapter 2 | It's Hard To Be Me

I  paced back and forth in the living room. "Oi! Your gonna make the floor weak in that spot." Felix said walking into the apartment. I groaned at ran my fingers through my hair. "Someone stressing over a certain girl." Felix said moving his eyebrows suggestively.

"Not now Fee. You remember Korral. Yeah, well he's found out where we live." I said sitting down and Felix jumped up. "What the hell. How did he find us? I thought you said we were rid of him." He said. "Yeah we were. We moved to Canada. Someone from our old crew must've ratted us out back in Wales." I said.

"Well. There isn't a for sure that he's found us. I mean were still here. Maybe he's gonna just leave us be?" Felix said hopefully. "Yeah. And he's just gonna let us off with 34,000 bill." I said. 

"In told you to never get involved with that guy. Pretending to be straight was never something you excelled at." Felix said and I starred at him. "Oh please. You got involved with those 3 bit wankers. Let's just cool down. Your right. We are still here. And we do have enough to pay off half the bill give or take." I said taking a seat.

"I can't just sit and wait like a duck." Felix said sitting down. I opened my mouth to say something when my phone cut me off. "Hello?" I said answering it. "Hi. It's Lyndsey. We met 2 days ago?" She said and I nodded. "I remember. What's up." I said and cringed. What am I supposed to say. I scrunched my eyebrows and Felix scooched closer to me and I moved farther away.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go for coffee? I mean. I don't really know what to do. But I want to see you again." She said and Felix made a heart with his hands when he heard that. "Bugger off." I muttered to Fee. "What?" Lyndsey said and I swatted Felix.  "Not you. I was talking to my brother. But okay. Would you like to meet now?" I said standing up and getting away from Felix. "Someone's eager to see their bae." Felix said and I tossed a shoe at him.

He gave up and left me alone for awhile. "Yeah. How about we meet at Sarahs Deli on Queen." Lyndsey said and I agreed to be there in 20. "Someone's got a hot date." Felix said and I hit him. "Must you be such an ass while im on the phone." I said trying on a hat. I tossed it off and grabbed a leather jacket and sunglasses. "Just call if anything feels off around here." I said thinking back to Korral.

"Dont worry love. Hope your coffee turns out great." He said turning around and going to the kitchen. I walked out the door and made my way to Queens street. It wasn't that far from my place so I arrived before Lyndsey did. I ordered a latte and sat at the window and waited. I waited maybe 4 minutes before someone came and joined me.

"Heyy." She said and I instantly felt awkward. It's like hanging out with your relatives that you know your supposed to be close to but you can't help but feel awkward and shy. That's how this feels like. "I don't really know where to start." She mumbled. "Well. I'm Lyndsay Gunner. I'm an orphan, I've lived here for 3 years. And my favorite color is dark purple." I said giving us something to talk about.

"You said you had a brother?" She asks. "Technically I don't. But he's my brother no matter what any paper says." I reply taking a drink from my latte. "Well. I'm Lyndsey Gunnsulfen. I do prefer Lynn. I'm a musician and my favourite colour is black." She says. "A musician. That's sweet. I play guitar myself." I add. "Yeah. I had seen your guitar case the other day. I  hope it didn't get damaged." She said and I thought back to my now broken guitar at home. "It's fine." I say.

"Well. I'd love to hear your stuff sometime. Are you in a band or.." She says and I shake my head. "It's just me and my guitar. I play around here and there. Mostly in front of this little Korean shop." I say getting more comfortable. "I'll have to swing by sometime." She says sipping her drink. "How about you? Are you in a band?" I asked and she nodded her head. "Yeah. We're actually here in the city recording some songs." I smile when she finishes. "That great."

I say and notice my drink was empty. "Before we part ways." She says digging through her pockets. I sit there and notice her meoty cup as well. "Here." She says handing me a piece of paper. "Come swing by sometime." She says and stands up and takes both our cups to the garbage. I stand up and notice her waving at me as she left through the doors. I give her a wave as well.

I look back at the paper and it reads:

M&R studios

I stick it in my pocket and make my way out the shop and start making my way home. I get home relatively quickly and I open the door to see Felix on the couch watching some trashy show. "That shows gonna melt your brain." I say as I walk in and head straight for the kitchen. He jumps up and joins me and starts bombarding me with questions. "How'd it go with your sister." He asks.

"She is not my sister. She's just some girl." I said pouring myself some burbon. "Some girl. Yeah right. You were all excited for your date today." He says poking my arm. "It wasn't a date either Fee. Just leave it alone. I don't think I'll be seeing her again anyway." I say.

"What ever you say. But I've heard that before."