Chapter 5 | Hey There Delilah

What the hell. It was the first thought that came into my mind when I walked into my home. I looked around at all the walls and saw all of Felixs new artwork. I quickly shrugged it off and went into the kitchen to grab an apple. "Oi. How you like the new look." Felix said walking out of the bathroom. His hands covered in red spray paint.

"Well. It's not your usual canvas and brush now is it." I say pointing at the dick he spray painted near the doorway. "It's a rocketship." He says in a matter of factly way. I nodded my head at him and rolled my eyes as he passed by. "So.. I have something to tell you." Felix says grabbing an apple himself. I perch myself up on my elbows and raise my eyebrows at him.

"I've been looking for my birth parents." The words sting. "Uhh.. umm. I'm your family fee." I say trying to find any sort of word. "Yes you are it's just. I want to know where I come from." He says. "I'm not enough for you?" I say suddenly getting upset.

"Lynn dont make this about you-" I hear Felix say before I walk out of the house. "You haven't exactly been around." I hear him from the other side of the door. I scoffed and started to walk outside. I walked around downtown and then I started to notice people following me. I put my hands in my pocket and put my hood on.

Pretty soon there was a circle of people surrounding me. I had headphones in so I heard nothing of what the people were saying. Soon I saw two guys in security shit's make a path for me so I take my chance and get to safety. I turn to see the group of teenagers breaking through their barriers and I start to run till I end up seeing Alex.

He closes the door as I get in and I take out my headphones and take my hood off. "Woah. Your not Lynn." He says and I look up at him. "Those people thought I was Lynn?" I say. "Yeah. The fans. Some are pretty hectic." He says as I tie a knot in my ripped shirt.

"I thought you were Lynn too." He says and the door opens and we both look up to see Brian. "Oh. Your not Lynn." He says when he sees me. "Tell me about it." I say. "Are you guys playing a show?" I ask. "Yeah. In about 45 minutes." Brian says. Pretty soon the door on the other end of the room opened and Lynn walks through.

"Lynn? What're you doing here." She asks me. "Well I was being mobbed and the security thought I was you. So did Alex." I say standing up as she walked over to me to give me a hug. "Oh really. Would you like to maybe stay and watch the show? It's just us and K.Flay. playing. The shows like 2-3 hours long." She says.

I think back to earlier with Felix and I nod my head. Just then I can see her smile getting bigger and her eyes getting wider. Oh no. "Hey! Why don't you sing Lights' part in the song that we recorded that day!" She says grabbing my hand and dragging me to the tech guys.

"So we're doing the new song. We'll need another mic and such." She says before I could even agree. "You know I never said yes." I say and she looks at me. "Will you." She says and all I can see are her deep brown eyes. I slowly nod my head and she jumps with excitement. She takes me back into the room and hands me a lyric sheet and I quickly skim over it. I remember a lot of it from the booth that day.

It was a very intimate pop up show they were doing. K.Flay was performing right now and I got to watch side stage. Sorta. Most of the fans thought I was Lynn so I had to hide a little behind a wall. I've never been mistaken for someone else. Especially someone who you could call famous.

"I need some blood in the cut."

Kay sang and I couldn't help but move my body to the music. I really like her music and sound. It was something different. Something out there, in a good way. Her set was around 35 minutes? I couldn't really keep track of how long it was. Her set seemed to fly by in no time at all. Soon people were on stage helping her breakdown and setting up for Pvris at the same time. I was tapped on the arm by a guy and was told to head backstage.

I saw Lynn and Kay hugging and I walked up to them. "You were amazing!" I said to Kay as she opened her arms to me. "Really? Thank you so much! Can't wait for the song!" She said clearly still on a high from performing. Alex and Brian soon joined us and a few other people too. They all formed a circle and held hands. My hands were grabbed by Lynn and Kay.

It's a prayer circle? "Who's got this?" One person yelled out. "We got this!" Everyone yelled back. "WHO'S GOT THIS!" "WE GOT THIS!" We all yelled back. It felt good to yell. Soon we all broke into a cheer and a big group hug. Lynn and the band got ready to head onto stage and me and Kay stood by the wall and was told that Lynn would give a little talk and that's when we would walk out.

"You nervous?" Kay asked me. "Sorta. I never actually sang in front of maybe more than 35 people." I say watching as the song began and the band walked out. My House started to play.

Maybe halfway through their set Lynn started to give her little talk. "Holy shit. Toronto you really know how to have and good time." She said taking a breath. Me and Kay stood idly by. "So we just got out of the studio recording a new song for you all. And we're gonna play it for you today. How's that!" She said and the crowd erupted with cheers.

"Okay. I'm gonna need a little help introducing 2 lovely women." She said and the crowd just got more fired up. This was our queue. We made our way out with our mics. "The lovely K.Flay and Lynn!!" Lynn shouted and the drums started to play and the song began. I listened as Lynn sang the beginning and my ears orgasmed I swear. Soon kay belted out her part and me and Lynn did vocal runs while we jumped around on stage.

The song switched back to Lynn and I went up close to the crowd. They might not even know me but they really did appreciate me and held my hands and even one girl was crying. Soon the song switched to my part and I belted out my soul. I wanna say it was a very moving thing for us all. And I really wanna be doing this for the rest of my life. Performing, even if I can get to perform on a scale like this.

Soon we all broke out into song and the song soon finished. "Give a round of applause to these lovely women!" Lynn yelled and gave us each a hug before we got off stage. I was all sorts of high. "That was amazing!" I said still jumping around. I couldnt sit still. "I know!" Kay said and we turned out attention back to the stage where they started to play Mirrors.

Today has been amazing. I thought to myself then I remembered how I even got here. Felix was looking for his birthday family. I slowly frowned and then just blocked that out of my mind.  Nothings going to ruin this night for me. I thought to myself. I smiled as Lynn was all over stage and the amazing stage presence that they gave off. It was a concert no one would soon ever forget.

A/N feeling waaaaay more inspired, so have a chapter over 1000 words!