Chapter 8 | What About All The Broken Happy Ever Afters

'Beep beep beep'

I could hear a noise. A steady noise. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in a quite white hospital room. I looked to my right and saw a heart monitor and on the counter was dead flowers and deflated balloons. I looked down at my arms and saw all thes cords and needles. And I had a tube in my nose and one in my side.

I started to freak out and i pulled at the needles and everything and my heart monitor started goung crazy. Soon 3 nurses walked in and calmed me down.

"Lyndsay! Please you need to calm down. Youre okay your safe." A nurse said to me holding my arm down. "Doctor Porine to room 432" another said and I looked at her. "Please let me check your eyes and pulse." Another one said. I looked at the monitor and realized i yanked all the stuff off me. They slowly started hookig me back up.

"Lyndsay. What do you remember?" A nurse asked me. There was about 5 in the room now. I looked at her and tried to form words. "I...was..wa...i..in th..the uk." I formed my sentence. "Okay Lyndsay. You have suffered some memory loss. There is a small chance it should come back. We will keep you here for about another 2 weeks to keep you monitored and help with some physical therapy." She looked at the doctor who walked in.

"Hello Lyndsay its good to see you awake finally." The doctor spoke. "F...finally?" I questioned. "You were in a car accident" he took his glasses off. "About 3 years ago." My heart sank. There was no way. "3..3 years...but...i was...just at..m..my mums?" I said. The doctor flipped through notes. "Ms. M? Lyndsay we were told you havent talked to her in 4 years." I started to panic.

As soon as i started to move around again a familiar face walked in. "F...fee." i said calming down. He walked to my side. "Thank god your awake." He said coming to my side. "What...wha happen?" I said kinda grimacing at the words i spoke. I know they came out wrong but the just wouldnt come out right and proper.

"Um. The doctors don't think delving into all the details right now isnt smart. But im so glad ur okay." He says holding my hand. I see his hair had grown out or maybe it hasn't? His face is so familiar but u can tell that it has been a few years. I look down at his hand and see some dried up paint. Some things never change. "Can you tell me anything?" I say nice and cleary.

"Hmm. Well I suppose I can give u a newspaper." He says grabbing one and flipping the pages for me. "Oh yeah this guy is our president now." He says pointing at a man who looks nothing the type of person people would elect. But here he is i suppose. "Do...do i st...still have a...p..phone?" I ask.

He lets out a sad smile. "Here. I had it saved this whole time." He says handing it to me. I take it and give a lil nod. I swipe it unlocked and i see that Felix had never went on my phone and checked the messages or calls or all my notifications from twitter and that. I had over 4000. What? I mean maybe they were just like game requests on facebook. Its been 3 years and i know i used to get some.

I squinted and went onto my Twitter app. I never had a twitter. I looked and skimmed through my profile. I had about 90,432 followers. I looked at fee to se if he could explain then realized i didnt say anythin and i kept scrolling.

I saw tweets from complete strangers hoping id get well soon. Tweets from official accounts too. Before i continued scrolling i went to check out my picures. The last picture i took apparently was 3 years ago in june. I was speachless. I looked at fee and for a second i had a tear in my eye. Was it cause i had no recollection? Was it cause i looked completely happy? Was it cause at the time in the picture I knew everything and now im just staring at complete strangers in my pics? Would i ever get my memory back. I dont know.

"Who is this and why do i look like her?"

A/N annnnnnnnd back to our regular program

Fr tho. So sorrry it took so long to write the next chapter. Things got...pretty crazy for me. I fell in love and spent over a year being manipulated and used. Lost all but 1 friend. I graduated. And now im starting uni in the fall and im also gonna be a certified firefighter soon and im a teachers assistant rn so im going crazy. But hey, at least im single again so i dont have to worry about that. Hahah.

But what do u think of the chapter?? It took me a lonnng time to get myself to just sit and write.