Chapter 3 | You Felt Right

I really couldn't help myself. I mean, I had to see how good of a musician this girl is. I walked into M&R studios and was greeted by a girl behind a desk.  "Can I help you?" She asked sitting straight. I showed her the card. "Uhh. I was told to stop by, by one of the bands recording here." I say unsure of my words. "Right through that door." She says with a smile and I follow her finger to see a double wide door.

I walk and notice the records on the walls and all the pictures. I give a small smile before I walk through the doors. But, only to see a long hallway and many doors at the end. I wonder through one that had silver trimming and I'm met with a lounge area. I really woth the girl at the front desk was more specific. I think to myself. I walk around the room and it just has a couch and a mini bar.

Must be like a break area. I walk back out the room and enter another. This is just the same but with 2 doors connecting to it from the other side. I walk through one and came face to face with a girl. A fine girl. "Oh sorry." She says as we almost run into each other. "Oh it's my fault. I'm actually lost." I admit. She waves to a group of people at a recording desk? "I'm K Flay. I can show you around if you want." She says opening the door.

"Uhh sure." I say walking out. "You know. You look just like a friend of mine." She says showing me around the rooms. "Lyndsey?" I ask but I think I already knew the answer. "Yeah! How'd you know." She says laughing a little. "She's the one who invited me to stop by whenever. Are you in her band?" I ask. "No I'm not. I'm actually featuring on a song from them. How'd you meet Lynn." She asks.

"Uhh. We just sorta bumped into each other on the street and went for coffee. How did you know I wasn't her. I was mistaken as her on my way here." I ask. Thinking back the train ride here. "Oh. I just saw her before I saw you. And her hair is shaved on the sides." She's says. I nod my head.

"So are you guys related?" She asks. "No. At least I don't think so. I mean she was born in Boston. I was born in Canada." I say. "Maybe her mom had a sister who gave birth to you?" She says as a question. "Well I wouldn't know. I was put into a orphanage the day I was born. And I really don't think her mom and if she had a sister would give birth the exact same day and time."  I finish and she stops walking.

"You guys were both born the exact date and time?" She ask and I nod my head. "That's soo trippy." She adds and continues to walk and show me around. We enter a room and there's two boys sitting down and stand up when they see us. "Hey Lynn. Oh..your..not Lynn...?" The guys with the light brown hair says. "No. I am Lynn. Just not the Lynn your thinking of." I say and things get more confusing. I open my mouth to say more then Lyndsey walks in.

"Ohh!" She says when she sees me and comes and gives me a hug. "Guys this is Lyndsay Gunner. Lyndsay, this is Brian and Alex. They're in the band with me." She introduced us all. "Wait. You guys basically have the same name and you look like twins." Brian says. "Yeah. Your both Lynn Gunn." Alex says. "That's not all we have in common." She says to them. "How'd do you even know her." Alex asks. "We bumped into each other a few days ago and we went for coffee." Lyndsey says the same thing I told K Flay.

They boys nod their head and it seems like they accept me? It feels sorta like I just met her parents. "Well lets not stand around. Do you wanna hear a song we just finished recording?" Lyndsey says to me grabbing my hand. And before I could agree she takes me to their studio where their recording.

We are all standing around and a song starts to come through the speakers. I don't know how to explain it.  But damn I love the song. I could hear the parts where K Flay is singing. And then I could hear another female voice as well.

"Oh yeah. There is another person featuring in the song as well. Lights." Lyndsey says and we continue to listen to the song. It was like nothing I've heard before. Soon the song ended and everyone was looking at me. "It was awesome. I really liked it." I say and a smile creeps onto Lyndseys lips.

"I have an idea." She says and takes me into the booth. "Uhh." I say and she gives me a pair of headphones and I put then on. "Let's run some harmonies together. Vocal runs." She says I nod my head and I start to feel nervous.

We do it a couple times then on the last one we sound completely like heaven. "That was so good!" She says high fiving me and taking me out if the booth. She sits in front of the sound board and I could hear the song play and stop annd play and stop. Soon she plays the song again but with me and her vocals in the background on some parts. "How'd..." I said and I was just mind blown. "Well you had said you sang and I though why not." She says.

I smile and and I was about to say something when my phone started to ring. "One sec" I say to the guys and go to the hallway and answer my phone. "Felix. What's up?" I say. "Oh you know. Just waiting in agony for you to come home." He says. "Your a grown man cook your own damn food." I say knowing where that convo was going. "Take out is it." I hear him sigh.

"How's the date going." He says after awhile. "It's not a date. I bearly know her." I say leaning up against a wall. "Isn't that what dates are for. To get to know each other." He says and I see Lyndsey and K Flay walking towards me from the other end of the hallway hand in hand. "I guess so.  But I think she's already taken." I say and hang up my phone and meet the girls half way.

A/N I just realized the title for this book makes it seem like it's gonna be a smutty fanfic.