Chapter 6

"Oh look who's the one talking here." Dexter says.

"Yeah, we both look like shit right now but you were being a shit for the past few days. For God's sake are you gonna tell us what happened or not?" Derek exclaims.

"Yes Aden, we are tired of this behaviour of yours, since when did you became so careless, going to any random bar, getting drunk as hell, and to top it all, getting hit by a vehicle?" Dexter says to me.

"Guys, I...I am sorry, I really am but it's just that you won't understand, I... am in love." I tell them.

They both just give me a blank look.

"Are you stupid or do you think we are that stupid? Tell us the goddamn truth Aden. We know there is more to it. " Derek says.

"Listen, Derek it's already not easy on me and I just can't bring myself to tell you what happened. I will tell you after some time but not now. Please forgive me." I tell him truthfully.

Dexter puts his hand on Derek's shoulder.

"Derek, I know you are worried about Aden but give him some time. If something that bad has happened, you should not force him to tell us what it is. That will just deflate his mood and make him depressed. I hope you get what I am trying to say."

Derek just nods and then comes near my bed and takes a seat.

"So are you seriously leaving school?" Derek asks me quietly.

"Yes, it's just that I can't focus on my studies in school right now. But I promise you I will join school again. But I want a break for at least one year." I tell him.

And this time there is a heavy silence around us. "Okay dude, we are fine with it. We just want you to be okay and if not going to school makes you okay then we are with you in it. I hope that you join school again though." Dexter breaks the silence.

"Yeah I hope so." I say.

"Okay time for you two young lads to leave. The patient needs some rest too." A nurse says after coming inside. They both just look at me sadly, and no matter how hard I try, I cannot not bring myself to even fake a smile.

Oh God Uriyel. Look what you did to me, my happy go lucky life.

This is it not a big chapter as usual as I intend to make it a short story.
excuse any grammatical or spelling error.
~ Vote
~ Comment