||Four||

Scarlet woke me up in the morning. Too early in the morning considering we both slept for only a few hours.

She set a plate of breakfast on the table next to the couch.

"Eat up," she said.

My body moved sluggishly towards the food. "You didn't have to."

She sat beside me and watched as I lifted the plate and placed it on my lap.

"I think a simple thank you would have sufficed, but you're welcome."

I smile. "Thank you, Scarlet."

She smiled back. "Don't mention it. You have an hour to get to your dorm."

I glanced at the nearest clock to find it was exactly 8AM, and rushed through my breakfast.

"Do you want to have lunch with me today?" she asked.

"What time?"

"My lunch break is around one. I want you to tell me more about the boys you've previously dated."

I snorted. "Nate is the only boy I've dated."

"Really? Okay, the boys you've slept up with."

I shook my head. "Can we talk about something else?"

"Fine, fine. Tell me about Raphael."

"Considering he's nonexistent, there's not much I can say."

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there," she said, standing up. "I need to get ready for work. Just leave the plate in the kitchen when you're done."

I nodded. "Thanks, again."

She kissed my cheek. "I'll see you at lunch."

"Where are we going again?"

"I'll text you the address."

"You're kidding me," I muttered to myself as I stood outside the tea shop.

With a sigh, I walked through the front door and my eyes met with Scarlet's from across the room.

I took a seat facing her. "They don't serve lunch here."

"I know. I thought we could get some tea first."

"Why?"

"Because I like having tea before a meal."

"We could've had tea at the restaurant."

She shook her head, long, brown locks of hair swinging. "Not the same. What's wrong with it anyway?"

"Nothing. Just that I've been here twice this week already."

She winced. "Sorry, I didn't know. You should've told me."

"I didn't recognize the address when you sent it to me."

She pushed a menu towards me. "At least you're familiar with the menu."

When we were ready to order, Scarlet scanned the room until she found a waiter and beckoned him towards us with a nod and a charming smile.

I was too busy to notice the waiter's arrival, still skimming through the tea options.

What would Nate have?

"I'll have the Jasmine tea," Scarlet said. "Jake?"

"Maybe just the...Oh."

I'd glanced up mid-speech and instantly recognized the striking blonde hair.

It was the guy who sat by the trash.