||Six||

Ben came back with a worrying amount of paper in his hands.

He handed me a pen and took it upon himself to guide me through the stack. Meanwhile, Raphael weaved his body between the shelves like it was some sort of dance and he had it all worked out.

After I signed my name on some empty spaces and sealed my employment, Ben walked me around the shop, showing me the methods he used to store his antiques.

"The back of the room holds all the bigger things, like couches, tables, and so on. I try to keep the small, simple trinkets at the front."

Then we moved to the back room. It was smaller than I'd expected it to be, and a lot different from the store itself. There was a small rectangular table on one side, pressed against the left wall, with two simple wooden chairs on either side. On the table, Ben had set up a basic coffee maker, and a mug stood beside it along with a few packets of milk and sugar.

He'd hung up a bulletin board over the table, a time table pinned to it and other important notices. Ben pinned my schedule next to a sticky note that read, "Don't forget Margret's undies."

I had to bite my tongue.

Finally, he showed me how to work the register. There was a computer behind it, and other than the coffee machine, it looked like the only modern device in the parameter.

"Now that that's out of the way," Ben said, "remember how people value customer service. Some can be arrogant but try your best to keep your temper in check."

"I'll do just that," I said.

He nodded. "Well, that's all for today. 5PM tomorrow, and here's my number."

I saved his number on my phone.

Raphael and I said our goodbyes.

We walked in a comfortable silence, leaving the store behind us.

"Fancy a drink?"

"I can't," I said, wincing. "I'm sort of behind on some assignments."

"For someone who was asking to get in my pants just this afternoon, you don't seem too eager now."

He's teasing. "Don't go looking for my lookalikes just yet."

He grinned. "Why would I do that?"

"Because you can't have me."

He laughed. "Oh, I can have you. You on the other hand..."

I wanted to roll my eyes, punch him playfully on the shoulder. Instead I just smiled back at him.

We stopped in between the city where Raphael lived, and the other side where my dorm lay.

I wondered what his apartment looked like. Artsy, probably, filled with color and creativity. An old beat leather couch, a record spinning in one corner. He seemed like the record player kind of guy.

"Thank you," I said, "for helping today."

"I already told you it was nothing."

"Still, I appreciate it," I buried my hands in my pockets. "Do you draw anywhere else on your body?"

A corner of his lips turned upwards. "Occasionally."

"Like where?"

His eyes flashed something curious. "You'll have to try harder if you want a sneak peek."

"What if I want more than just a sneak peek?"

Raphael's smile widened. "Now you're just pushing it."