||Fifteen||

We woke up in the afternoon, sunlight barely seeping through the slim cracks between Raphael's window blinds.

He must have gone to bed at some point during the night, because I felt his body against mine before I turned my head to look at him.

Looking at me.

"Were you watching me sleep?" I asked.

"Maybe," he said slowly, lazily propping himself up on an elbow. "How are you feeling?"

"Hungover. You?"

"Hungover and sore."

My eyes fell to the cover that lay over his hips. I would have apologized if I didn't know any better.

"Coffee?" he offered.

I reached out and touched his hair, soft and in disarray. "Do we have to get up?"

"No."

"Then don't."

"But breakfast's the most important meal of the day," he said in a theatrical tone.

"I can think of other things we could do that would amount to the same level of importance." I leaned over and kissed his jaw. "Stay a little."

He looked at me for a second before sliding out of bed. Still nude until he pulled on his underwear from the previous night. My eyes followed him as he ran his fingers through his hair and walked out the room.

I turned away as soon as he disappeared, eyed the desk I saw him sitting at last night but didn't catch sight of paper anywhere near it. Perhaps I'd imagined it, but the image of his bare back bent over that desk was too vivid to be a dream or a figment of my imagination. I climbed out of his bed and drew the blinds, light crashing into his room in one giant wave.

"You didn't have to," he said when he wandered back with a tray in his hands.

"I wanted to see you better."

"Is there a reason this is giving me Beauty and the Beast flashbacks?" He crawled back into bed and leaned against the wall as he balanced the tray over our outstretched legs.

"I was thinking more along the lines of Little Red Ridding Hood."

His lips twitched as he reached for a fresh strawberry, sucking it sensually into his mouth knowing full well that I was watching. Rather intently, too.

I grabbed a mug before I could say anything to ruin the moment. Whatever moment that was. All I knew was that I wanted it to stay that way. Naively wanted it to stay that way for as long as it could.

Raphael set the tray aside after we each had a blueberry muffin and finished our coffee. He lay back down against his bed, under the covers, and closed his eyes.

"Headache?"

He groaned.

"Maybe you shouldn't lay down so soon after the meal."

"Fuck generic health advice," he said, voice strained and slightly muffled.

I looked away and smiled. "I'll take a shower."

His hand shot out to grab my wrist before I could move away from him. "Not so fast."

"What?"

He sat up again, seemingly more indecisive than I'd ever seen him since the day we met. "Painkillers first. Kitchen drawer, first one on your left."

"Got it."

I came back with a glass in my hand and handed them both to him.

He licked his lips after several gulps of water. "Ready for round two?"

"What?" I asked again.

He reached out and pulled me in by the back of my neck, running his fingers through my ever growing hair before leaning in and kissing me. He tasted like coffee. Dark morning coffee and a tang of fruits.

"Shower after," he said, and pulled me in farther into the used sheets.

The air in his bedroom was slightly chilly, but when he pulled me in, pushed me onto his pillows, it was enough to warm me to my toes.

His lips moved over mine as his body stretched over me, fingers running soothingly through my hair. "Are you sure?" I asked in between kisses.

"I'm sure."

"You're still not-"

"No."

"But-"

"Shut up."

And then he kissed me some more, so that I couldn't ask again even though I wanted to. Wanted to ask him a thousand times if it was okay, one question after each kiss. Two if I felt like it. But his lips moved too fast with a sense of determination that made me feel like I really should shut up.

He moved his kisses along to my jaw. "A hundred percent sure?"

He sighed against my skin. "I'll use more lube if it makes you feel better."

I nodded slowly, catching the way his eyes skimmed over my body like he hadn't seen it before.

Because he hadn't really. He'd touched it briefly last night, in the dark with no ability to see what I actually looked like underneath the clothes I pulled on every morning.

Now his fingers brushed over the remains of the drawings on my arms. Still fresh after twenty four hours, and his painted nails scratched over the ones on my thighs. "I should have given you head."

"No-"

"Yes." And then he bent down, and his mouth—his mouth was on the inside of my thighs, fire, tongue licking out like flames but doing it so painlessly. It was just the heat of it, sending flushes of pink over my skin. And it was so obvious, too, under direct sunlight which added to the tingle that spread over my skim.

My fingers suddenly clenched his hair in a tight fist as his mouth moved between my legs. Whatever happened last night, whatever mask he put on last night, was gone out of my mind like it had never happened. I had to forget it because his fingers were still touching my skin as he tilted his head and flattened his tongue. I couldn't close my eyes and throw my head back like I wanted to, so I watched him instead. The bobbing of his head, the way his lips stretched, as one hand climbed up my torso to tease my skin. And then he looked up. Looked up with his electrifyingly blue eyes like he thought I could stand seeing him like that without losing control.

I was losing control.

I had lost control, and then he was pulling away and licking his lips and climbing over me again to toy with my hair. "I like your hair."

I could only stare in disbelief, heart still beating rapidly in my chest to accommodate the over powering feeling of my release.

"What?" he asked, a smile tugging at his lips.

"Insane," was all I could come up with.

"You need to brush up on your dirty talk."

When I gathered enough strength, I twisted us around and pinned him to the mattress. "Will you do that again?"

He caught his bottom lip with his teeth, displaying a playful smile. "Whenever you ask."

I burnt a tiny bit of the nail on my thumb because I'm 5 and Idk how to use a lighter :))

Thanks for reading!