||Twelve||

Day three.

Scarlet was leaning against the door to her guest room when I brought in the last cardboard box. The one with all the things I acquired after moving into my dorm. Little artifacts and junk I collected, spent my money, or wasted it, to forget about Nate. I thought blowing my money on things like lighthouse figurines would be therapeutic.

I thought wrong, to say the least.

"You sure about this?" I said as I set it to one corner.

"You've already asked me that ten times."

"That's not an answer."

She sighed and moved away from the door. "I care about you. Seeing you fret over your dorm mate has been worrying me, you know."

"I don't fret."

She ignored me as she skillfully did. "I bought a new mattress and new bedding. Good stuff, as well. It better not go to waste."

I thought of Raphael, how I'd never invited him to my room at the university. I could now, even though it would be a little awkward with Scarlet around. I could still bring him over. Push him down on my own bed instead of his couch, or the one at the store.

"Thank you," I said. "And with the job and my savings, I'm helping out with the rent."

"And I'm not complaining," she grinned. "Start unpacking, I'll prep a welcome dinner."

I watched her leave with a heavy feeling in my chest. I couldn't imagine how some people could be so kind.

I unpacked, and set my mind aside. There were things that reminded me too much of the city, and that I needed to forget. Or at least for now.

Soft afternoon sunlight bled through my new window into my new room. It was a generous size for a guest room, and even with paying half the rent I still thought I owed Scarlet something else.

I folded up my clothes in the cupboards and stacked all the boxes to one side before sitting carefully on the edge of my mattress. It really was "good stuff", I thought as I tested it out.

"Practicing your moves?"

My head shot up to see Raphael leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest and a sly twist on his lips.

"For later," I said.

"Oh, so they're not for me?"

"You must be more innocent than you look if you think I'm only kissing you."

Raphael walked towards me, lightly kicking the door shut behind him. "So who's the other guy?"

"Who says it's a guy?"

Raphael hummed. "I have a feeling it is."

He was close now, just inches away, so I grabbed a handful of his shirt and pulled him towards me. He almost stumbled, but Raphael never stumbled, and he gripped my shoulders with his fingers, pushing me roughly against my bed.

I looked up at him, arms spread over the sheets. "Comfy."

"Room for another?" He straddled me anyway, arms on either side of my head.

"Barely." I twisted us around and pressed him against one of the pillows like I imagined I would just a few minutes ago. "Scarlet let you in?"

"No, I sneaked in through the bathroom window."

I tickled his ear with my lips. "That sounds hot."

I felt him move a little as he chuckled, pulling away to see him smiling. "Only you'd think breaking and entering is arousing."

"People aren't as adventurous as I am," I said, gazing at his lips. He turned his head to the side, as if sensing my intentions.

"Nice figurine," he gestured lazily at the lighthouse.

"You should be looking at me."

"That's awfully demanding."

"You like it when I'm awfully demanding," I mocked his accent.

He stared at me. "Please don't do that ever again."

I grinned. "Will you hold still?"

"If you promise not to do that ever again."

"Promise," I said, leaning on one arm to trace my thumb over his bottom lip.

He stayed still, and I moved my thumb over to his cheek before taking his lips in mine. Slowly, moving my lips so slowly his fingers grabbed a fist of my hair like he did whenever he was frustrated. I smiled against his lips, and he pushed my head closer, moving his lips harder, using his teeth to tease.

I pulled away. "Who's demanding now?"

"Shut up," his eyes had seemed to lock on my lips, so I kissed him again. Unable to resist wetting his lips with my tongue this time, brushing against the insides of his cheeks and teasing his own tongue.

"Mm, you need to stop doing that," he said, licking his lips.

I pressed my hips against his, taking my time. "Doing what?"

"I hate you."

I kissed him again, just to shut him up, waited until he closed his eyes before moving towards his neck.

He pushed me off. "You're such a tease."

I laughed, moving closer to him. "I'm sorry, I love it when you're pissed."

He narrowed his eyes. "Kiss my neck again."

I smiled and did as I was told, kissing his neck until he stretched it out and I moved closer to his ears. Then back to his neck, my fingers playing with the hem of his shirt while his fingers brushed through my hair.

Scarlet knocked on the door. "Please tell me your clothes are still on."

"Unfortunately," Raphael said.

I kissed him once. Twice. Then dragged him off the bed with me.

Scarlet glanced at us with approval, and we followed her to the kitchen.

Raphael's neck was a little pink in some places, and his lips looked well kissed in the way he usually complained about, but we pretended it wasn't there as Scarlet piled food onto our plates.

I occasionally moved my foot against his leg while we ate, and his lips would twist every time, but he would never rub back.

Raphael had his own methods of teasing.

Idk what I'm doing anymore but ayye. I just had lunch two hours ago and I'm already hungry. This is the second time I mention being hungry in an update.

Thanks for reading!