~One~

Date: Febuary 15, 2017

Mayas Pov:

It was an ordinary day at Abigail Adams high school. Quiet. But normal. Until the bell rang that is and all hell broke lose. There we're a couple of crys and some shouts. Today was the day that everyone dreated the day after Valentines day. The day where all the cute love stuff a boy did yesterday was gone. Now it was the day you break up. The day you find out he was just using you. The day you find out whose really in love. And for my best friend and I the day we would find out how to end the triangle. I tried to get out of it. I tried to tell her I didn't like him. But Lucas didn't believe me. Who could blame him. I didn't believe it. I knew I wasn't just protecting her. I didn't know what was wrong with me liking a nice guy. But I cared for Riley and I didn't want to lose her. So I let her have him. Only to turn around to a month later where her boyfriend making out with me. And the triangle began again. I knew who Lucas wanted to be with he had told me many,many times but nobody wanted to hurt Riley. She was the light in all of us. She was the sunshine through the rain. She was the light in my constant pain. And to see her hurt was the hardest thing anyone could see. It would make you cry just watching from a distance. So we would keep the triangle going but Riley wanted the answer and unfortunately she wanted it to be her. No matter how many times I've tried to convince Lucas and myself that we don't match or that we aren't right. We always end up in the same place right back in each others arms. Leaving Riley my best friend, my other half clueless. But I knew how she felt. All those years of me being clueless. Now it's her turn. But I don't want that for her. Nobody wants to be left in the dark feeling like your cluless and a nothing. Nothing could change that. No matter how many times Farkle or Riley tried to convince me I wasn't I still was that clueless little girl with daddy issues. Farkle. Farkle and Smackle. Farkle is the clueless one in that relationship. Even tho he's a genius. He still hasn't figured out that Smackle's been cheating on him. And with Zay. His best friend. I guess everyone is a little clueless at some point in a relationship.

"Hey, Maya. You ready to end this triangle." I can hear Riley say skipping up to me with her big smile. I let out a tiny faint smile.

"Yeah." I say turning away from her and opening my locker.

"Hey." Farkle says with his arm wrapping around Smackle walking over to us. God he was clueless. You could tell by all the glances Zay and Smackle had how much they liked each other. But love makes you blind.

"Farkle." Riley says giving him a smile. "Smackle." Riley says with a glare. We all knew what was going on with Zay and Smackle. Which just made Riley mad. Nobody wanted to tell Farkle that his best friend and the girl who he loves had been messing around for almost a year in the janitors closet between classes. How could you. It would break him. He already felt like a nothing. This would make it worst.

"Hey I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Smackle says turning around to see Zay walking out of history. There they go again.

"Don't you mean janitors closet." Riley whispers. I try not to laugh. Farkle glares.

"Riley why don't you like her. I love her. And she's gonna stick around for while. So whatever you don't like about her you need to get over it." Farkle says. Riley glares.

"Your clueless." Riley says.Smiling at Lucas walking over to us.

"Whose clueless." Lucas asks. Smiling at me.

"Farkle is. He doesn't know that shes-" Lucas covers Riley's mouth. Causing Farkle to show a confused face.

"Guys tell me what's going on." Farkle asks. His face looks so serious I can't help but laugh.

"Maya." Lucas says. I stop laughing. Farkle looks at me.

"Wait I have to tell him." I say looking at everyone's expression. Lucas is still covering Riley's mouth. Farkle face has no emotion no expression just mystery and wonder.

"Ow. You Bit me." Lucas says.letting go of Riley. I look at Riley she's about to explode.

"Riley." I ask quietly.

"Smackle has been-" Riley starts but before she could finish Smackle stops her.

"Conpletly in love with you. And will keep loving you til the day she dies." Smackle says. Coming back her hair in a small mess.

"Right Riley." Smackle says. Giving a death stare. Riley nods.

"So what are we talking about." Zay says running up to stand by me. Lucas glares at him.

Farkle smiles. "Were talking about how much Smackle and I love each other. And how one day I might marry her." Farkle says and with that I grab Rileys hand and pull her away knowing she would explode. Lucas follows us. And we walk into the art room.

"What the hell Maya." Riley says starting to pace. I walk over to a canvas and grab a painbursh.

"Tell me how you feel. Maybe I can draw it for you." I say. Lucas shuts the door and sits down next to me.

"I feel like Smackle is a bitch. And she doesn't deserve Farkle." Riley says as she paces back and forth. I start to pain circles and lines. As Lucas just watches me.

"Keep going." I tell her not looking up.

"I feel that Zay is being a terrible friend. And that this is just gonna cause another triangle to form." I start to draw more and more. Lucas looks up at Riley.

"And?" I say still painting.

"And we all know that it's just gonna hurt their friendship. And that nobody has made the right choose. Just like in our stupid stupid triangle." Riley says. "Thank God I got that out of my sistume." She says taking a deep breath. I look up at Riley. And I catch her staring at the painting I made. Lucas stared at it to.

"What?" I ask looking at both of them.

"Its a triangle." Riley says.

"Okay." I say.

"But it's on fire." Lucas says. I stare at him.

"There's a blonde. Holding the cowboys hand. But-" Riley says starting to walk out.

"Wait Riley but what?" I ask. running towards the door.

"The bruneete is left on fire." Riley says walking out and slamming the door.

I stare at what I had drew. "Maya." Lucas says trying to grab my shoulder. "Don't." I say backing up.

"Maya. I'm sorry about all of this." Lucas says trying to step towards me. I pull away.

"Go fix Riley." I say. He stares at me.

"And I think this triangle is over." I say in a weak voice.

"What do you mean." Lucas asks staring at me. Trying to look at my eyes. I look at the ground.

"Us. Lucas. This is done. Tell Riley you picked her. Save her the tears." I say. I can feel a tear role down my cheek.

"Maya. You can't let Riley's feelings make you stop yours." Lucas says this time he was right next to my face.

"What if I don't have those feelings. Then she's not stopping them." I say staring at his eyes. Then to his lips.

"You and I both know you don't feel that way." Lucas says grabbing my hands.

I look him dead in the eyes. Trying not to cry.

"Lucas friar. I'm not in love with you. And I will never be. I don't love you. I think I was just using you. To get over Josh." I say staring at him. With the most serious face I could without crying.

He stares at me for a second.

He starts to walk out. But then he turns to look at me. "You know Maya. Your just a stone cold bitch sometimes." He says slaming the door and walking out. I sit down just staring at the painiting. I sat there crying my eyes out. What had I done.