Solangelo oneshot #4

Nico Di Angelo

The nightmares were getting worse every night. Even with Will sleeping beside me I barely got two hours of sleep.

And tonight was a bad one. Really, really bad. So bad I woke up screaming, with tears running down my face. Will bolted upright beside me.

"Nico?" I didn't answer, couldn't breathe. "Nico, talk to me." He begged. I was hyperventilating now, and my whole body felt as though I were being roasted over a fire pit. Will rested a hand on my bare back, gently rubbing it up and down.

"Calm down Nico, it was just a nightmare. It's not real." He murmured soothingly. I was shaking violently.

"B-but it was. It was real Will, and I can't get it out of my mind." I whispered. His hand stilled on my back, but then kept moving.

"But Nico, it's not real anymore. You're safe here, okay? I won't let whatever it is hurt you." He whispered, making me look in his eyes. The dark of the night made it hard to see, but his blue eyes held promise. I leaned onto his tanned (and toned) chest.

"Thank you." I whispered as he pulled us back to the mattress. I felt his lips upon my forehead.

"I will always be there for you." He promised. I shifted my head and propped myself on my elbows for a minute as I kissed him full on. "Me too." I promised.