Solangelo oneshot #7

Will

Hazel and Frank were going to Paris for a month, so they asked Nico to babysit their kid. He'd agreed, but warned her that he was not a social person, and this could end up very badly. She'd threatened him and his face, already kinda pale, paled even more as he listened to what she would do to him if her baby had a single scratch on her when she came back.

Today was the day they were leaving, and we had agreed to meet them at the airport. We drove in silence, Nico tapping his fingers on his knee beside me. I glanced over at him.

"Nico, you're going to be fine." I assured him. "I've seen the way you are with Percy and Annabeth's kids, and Piper and Jason, and Leo and Calypso. Whether you like it or not, you're a kid-lover."

"No, but, I've never been asked to babysit any of those guys for a whole month! The only time I ever see them is when we go over for the holidays! The longest I've had to babysit someone is an hour or two at most." He replied nervously. I glanced over at him again and put a hand on his shoulder. "You're going to be fine. Babysitting isn't hard."

He didn't say anything after that, so I switched on the radio to avoid the silence.

When we got there, we saw Hazel and Frank sitting on the bench in the foyer, holding a baby carrier and a simple canvas bag.

"Hey Hazel, Frank." Nico said from behind. They turned and Hazel's face lit up.

"Nico!" She rushed forward and embraced him in a hug. He chuckled lightly and wrapped his arms around her.

"It's good to see you Hazel." He said as the pulled apart. "You too. Hello Will." she greeted cheerily.

"Hey Hazel. How's it going?" I greeted.

"It's good. You?" I replied with a smile. She grinned.

"It's great, I can't wait to be in Paris." She gushed. Nico had wandered over to where Frank was sitting with the carrier, and held a hand gently inside it. His face lit up a moment later. "We have to go now, or we'll miss the plane, but everything you'll need is in the bag." She said, pointing to the canvas bag they'd been holding earlier.

"Great. Also, can you please tell Nico he's going to be fine? I've tried and he doesn't believe me." I replied. She laughed as Nico's head shot up towards me.

"I never said that." He protested. But there was a flicker of doubt in his eyes.

"Nico, as long as you don't scare her or make her angry, you'll be absolutely fine." Frank promised.

"Why? What happens when she's scared or angry?" He asked, panicked.

Frank glanced at Hazel. "Well...it depends..." He started.

"All passengers for flight two-thirty-four, this is your last chance to get on the plane before it leaves." The intercom came on before Nico had a chance to ask anything more. Hazel hurried around to the chairs and grabbed her suitcase and purse and leaned into the carrier to give her daughter a quick kiss goodbye. "I'll miss you my little Lily." She murmured before grabbing the bag and shoving it in Nico's hands.

"Good luck!" She gave him one last hug and hurried off next to Frank.

For a moment, Nico stood still, looking unsure of what to do. Then he turned to me, and then Lily, and then back to me. I laughed. "C'mon," I said, taking the handle and lifting it gently over the seats. "Let's go home." He nodded and followed me out the sliding doors, muttering nonsense in Italian.
〰〰〰〰〰
〰〰〰〰〰

When we got back to the apartment, Nico took Lily from me and set her carrier on the counter. I reached in and tickled her small toes with a finger.