Solangelo Oneshot #15

Nico

Despite being dyslexic, I didn't mind reading. It helped that I had gotten glasses a few years ago, though I did still occasionally misread some of the words at times. Either way, because I worked at a night club, I was home all day while Will was teaching history at Goode high school. Since it was only a few blocks from our apartment, he usually walked to and from the school with our son, Jordan, who was just starting his Sophomore year there, but today, it was pouring rain.

My phone rang on the table beside the comfy gray couch I lounged on. I picked it up and checked the caller ID. Jordan.

"Hey Jordan. I'm assuming you and dad want me to come pick you up?" I guessed. I heard a soft, familiar laugh. "Yes please. We're right at the front of the school, under the rain cover." He told me. "Okay, I'll be right there. Bye."

"Kay, see you soon." He hung up and I turned off my phone, then went to find a shirt and my rain jacket as quickly as I could.

I walked out of our apartment wearing comfy blue cotton pyjama pants, a long-sleeved shirt with three buttons, and a black rain jacket. I had crammed my feet into converse, though it was a little weird with no socks on.

When I arrived at the front of the school, I saw my husband and son, both soaking wet, despite the cover (though it was pretty small), and shivering. They hurried to the car when the noticed me, Jordan climbing in the back and Will in the front beside me.

"How much of a difference would it have made if I'd let you two walk?" I questioned teasingly. "Nico!" Will hissed, teeth chattering. I chuckled lightly and started to drive out of the parking lot. "I'll make coco when we get home, don't worry." I assured him. I glanced to the rearview mirror and saw Jordan smiling faintly.

Will

Nico, Jordan, and I hurried into the apartment building and bathed in its warmth for a moment, then headed upstairs to our flat.

"You guys go get changed and I'll have the coco ready by the time you're done," Nico said, shooing us down the hall. I laughed, sniffled, and began peeling my wet jacket off before I even got to our (Nico's and mine) bedroom.

True to his word, Nico handed me a mug of hot chocolate when I snuck into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around his waist, pressing my lips to his neck. I knew he was smiling without even seeing it.

"Thanks for coming to get us Neeks," I whispered, taking the hot chocolate. "Had a bad day at school today?" He questioned, twisting in my arms. I nodded. "How'd you know?" I replied. He smiled faintly. "Because I know you," He said, brushing a clump of half-wet hair out of my face. Now it was my turn to grin softly. "That's a good thing, otherwise, I don think we'd be where we are now," I mumbled, pulling the skinny man in for a hug and resting my chin on his shoulder.

Jordan walked right in through the kitchen and grabbed a mug of hot chocolate off the counter, then started walking into the living room. "Hey Jordie, do you have homework?" Nico asked, pulling away slightly. "I left it at school. It's not due for another two weeks anyway, I'll be fine." He replied, sounding slightly exasperated. I smiled faintly. "That doesn't sound much like homework. Which teacher assigned it?"

"Blofis. We have to read this book, and write a review on it." He mumbled. "Which book?" Nico questioned. Jordan was silent for a moment, then he said slowly, "Lord of the Flies." He replied with a sigh.

"You're lucky I don't have that one. What do you guys want for dinner?" Nico said, changing the subject as quickly as it had come up.

"Food," Jordan answered sarcastically. Nico glanced at me in questioning. "Whatever you want is fine with me." I replied with a shrug. "Mkay. Pasta it is then."