Solangelo oneshot #13

Nico

The hot water stung my hands as I rinsed off the plate, but I ignored the feeling and placed the plate on the drying rack.

It was Tuesday afternoon and I was washing the dishes while Will was still at school. I guess the time passed faster than I thought, because awhile later, I heard Will open the door to the apartment and give me a happy greeting.

"Hey Nico. How's it going?" He asked cheerily. How he could be this energetic after six hours of people, I don't know.

"Good." I mumbled, distracted. I didn't notice him come over, and only registered his existence when he wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed his soft lips to my neck for a minute. Then, I felt the comforting weight of his head on my shoulder.

"You okay?" He murmured. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm just distracted." I replied, shaking my head. Against my shoulders, the thrum of his thoughtful purr was enough to drive me crazy. So I scooped a cluster of foam from the sink and paused, before twisting and styling it on his chin in a beardly fashion. He blinked, surprised at his new facial hairs. And then the kitchen war began.

By the time it was over, half the sink was on the floor(none of the dishes or cutlery, thank the gods.) and we had paused when Will's lips crashed into mine.

I was sitting on the counter now, straddling Will as we made out. His tongue brushed against mine and I smiled into it, kissing him even harder. A deep laugh bubbled somewhere in my throat and I pressed my chest against his, happy to finally be in the arms of someone I could forever always trust.