Chapter 1 - The Right Day to Pick the Wrong Classroom

Chapter 1 – The Right Day to Pick the Wrong Classroom

Class had just finished and the many students of Morten College poured from the classrooms into the hallways. The steady stream of people pushed and shoved their ways to their destinations effectively swarming me into the sea of bodies.

Trying my best to stay upstanding I pushed along with the crowd to get to my next class.

The next lesson would be starting in minutes and my mind began to go into overdrive. Sure I was a bit of a nerd, I had the brains for it but I didn't live by the book and well - being late was something I was good at, but over the year I'd been trying to knuckle down a bit and at least try to get to classes on time. In high school I had a bit of a reputation as a 'rebel' some would say, but the thing is I got probably the best grades in the school and I never did anything that would get me in trouble. Yes, I liked to have fun but people took one look at my appearance and I was instantly labeled an outcast and rebellious teenager.

Pushing past a particularly close and cozy couple, I barged through the door. 50 sets of eyes landed on me awkwardly stumbling into the classroom. 
"You'd think people knew better than to make out in front of a door!" I shouted the last bit at the now broken apart couple

Turning back to the class I met their blank stares and realized that I'd walked into the wrong classroom. Running a hand through my blue hair I gave the people a sheepish smile, "My bad. Sorry, wrong classroom..." I gave them all a little wave and twisted back to face the door, the couple had now disappeared and the walkway was empty – so much for not being late to class. A smirk slipped onto my lips as I called over my should before disappearing out the door, "Remember, hugs not drugs!"

Slipping out of the room filled with both shocked and confused people a small smile crossed my face; something about leaving people guessing gave me a thrill. Sure my appearance was a bit out there, blue hair was definitely an eye catcher.

Other than my hair everything else to do with me was pretty ordinary, I was reasonably tall and thin with a athletic build – doing gymnastics from the ages of 6 to 16 had it advantages... My eyes were a bright blue – just like my hair and I had a bit of a tan.

Walking along the hallway I kept an eye out for my classroom, sure I'd been going to this college for a couple of months but it was huge. The place was like a maze most of the time and it was easy to get caught up in the crowds.

My black combat boots thumped against the white tiled floors in the empty hallway as I walked along humming to myself with my hands stuffed in my light blue jeans short pockets. Today I'd woken up a little later than usual so my morning had been a bit rushed so I'd thrown on the first pair of clothes I'd grabbed, paired with my shorts I was wearing a plain white shirt with the sleeves folded up.

Looking down at my arms I readjusted my notebook and the thick chemistry book that I'd been carrying around trying to the right classroom. Suddenly my body made contact with a wall making me drop my books and fall backwards and land on my butt.

Letting out a groan I closed my eyes and rubbed the side of my forehead where it hit the wall. Then something surprised me a second groan came after mine, my eyes shot open and I looked up. There was a guy about my age standing there rubbing his jaw, his chocolate brown hair was effortlessly messy 'I don't care' style. His eyes matched his hair, as they were a dark warm brown with flecks of gold around the center of the irises. His mouth twisted into a smile and he let out a little laugh showing off a pair of pearly white teeth, "You've got a hard head, but are you okay?" He asked extending his hand down to me

Grabbing my scatted books I took his hand and pulled myself up trying my best to ignore to warm tingling feeling running up my arm, "Ha, that's not the first time I've been told I have a hard head. I head butted my brother a couple of years ago and he was on the verge of having a minor concussion..." I admitted sheepishly running a hand through my hair