Chapter 8 - I Volunteer as Tribute

Chapter 8 – I Volunteer as Tribute

Regan’s P.O.V

Something was shaking me awake and I opened my eyes with a groan, “Five more minutes” I grumbled out hugging the pillow closer to me and snuggling my face into it’s hair – wait, hold up pillows don’t have hair…

My eyes shot open and instantly found Max staring up at me, her eyes were still closed slightly but I could see the electric colour of her eyes that seemed to match her hair perfectly. Some of her hair had fallen out of the plait she did in her hair last night framing her face. She looked beautiful at the moment, my shirt hung off one of her shoulders revealing the soft smooth skin. Admittedly I’d given her one of my biggest shirts just she see what it looked like on her, it looked good. I liked seeing her in my clothes that sounds a bit weird, if the guys back at the office heard me talking like this aloud – no doubt I would never hear the end of it. It was just then that I made the connection that I was indeed hugging her to my bare chest, she had to tilt her head up slightly to look at me. Suddenly last nights memories came back to me and I had to stop myself from smiling, the memories of the kiss were something I definitely wasn’t going to forget, because in all honesty – that was the best kiss I’ve ever had. As my eyes were drawn to her lips I noticed that they were moving but I’d been to consumed in my own thoughts to catch what she said.

My eyes flicked to hers and I frowned sheepishly, “Sorry, I didn’t catch that”

Max’s lips titled into a beautiful smile, “You’re not a morning person are you?”

I smiled at her cheekily, “You can tell, huh?” I closed my eyes again and pretended to go back to sleep, Max shook me again giggling.

“Come on mister, we better get up it’s like two o’clock in the afternoon. We’ve literally slept the day away. We don’t want to give your sister any crazy idea’s…” My eyes shot open and Max had a slight blush creeping across her cheeks.

Deciding to has some fun, a mischievous smile spread across my face and Max seemed to catch it. She attempted to wiggle out of my arms but I gripped her tighter until I flipped us over so that I was somewhat straddling her, “What ever are you talking about?” I asked innocently watching her eyes go wide at our position. The blush from earlier reappeared and I began to tickle her sides. A giggle passed through her lips and before I knew it I was laughing along with her. The tickling seemed to be too much for Max because she had laughter tears coming out the sides of her eyes and her laughter had become silent.

I stopped tickling her and she stopped wriggling attempting to catch her breath, “You’ve got to be one of the most ticklish people I’ve ever met” I smiled down at Max, she was lying on her back looking back up at me, she opened her mouth to say something before changing her mind and smirking at me, why was she smirking?

I frowned and was about to ask her what she was thinking about when she hooked her leg through mine and flipped us over. I stared up at her in amazement; I mean I could’ve done that but only because I’d had proper training. Something Max said came to mind, yesterday when we met her ex for the first time and just before we drove off she said she wasn’t like other girls – she certainly wasn’t.

I was now lying on my back with Max was now straddling me; she hadn’t seemed to notice yet but was still smirking at me, “Ah, I am ticklish but the question is are you?”

Folding my arms over my chest I tried to keep a straight face, “Nope”

Max grinned at me, “I think you’re lying” She replied in a sing-song like voice before she poked my stomach causing me to jerk, Max burst out laughing and started to poke my sides making me chuckle.