Chapter 9 - It's Over

Chapter 9 – It’s Over

With one last glance at Regan I jogged off towards the warehouse, my heart was thumping in my chest so loud that I could hardly concentrate on anything else. Sure I’d looked confident back there but that’s all that it was, I didn’t feel it. Coming to a stop in front of the large door I remembered one of the camera’s being positioned to be able to see this angle. Making a mental note to make sure the door stayed open so that they could see what was happening in side I gave a thumbs up sign behind my back. Breathing a big breath I pulled the door open with as much force as possible making it bang loudly pulling everyone’s attention to the door.

My gaze instantly went to the two people at the center of the warehouse, ignoring the men gathered around them I walked in with my head held high.

“Come on guys, really? A warehouse, that’s like the most cliché place to meet up for something mysterious ever” I drew out the last word, recognition flashed through Links’ eyes and he smirked at me

Coming to a stop I placed my hands on my hips and prayed that my acting skills wouldn’t fail me. To the outside world I looked like a calm collected teenager but on the inside I was really freaking out. The guys had guns! I mean sure I knew how to get through if it came to hand to hand combat but with guns? Lets just hope it doesn’t come to that…

“Sup Smurf shit” I grinned cheekily at Mr Mason, who answered me with a glare

“How nice of you to grace us with your presence Max, but how is it that you came to learn of our location?” Damon Link asked, his voice sent shivers down my back as I remembered the last time I heard that voice

Attempting to put on the blankest face I could muster I tilted my head to the side, a plan forming in my head. Behind my back I pulled out my phone from it being tucked in my back pocket, silently thanking that I developed the skill of touch texting in high school and tapped on to open the recording application. Mack needed evidence, and then I’d get him some.

Pulling an innocent frown onto my face I looked at Link with mock confusion, “Do I know you?”

A look of shock crossed over Link’s face before it quickly morphed into a scowl, “You honestly don’t remember me?”

My acting skills must be better than I originally thought; maybe I should get into the movie business once this is all over. Putting a frown onto my face, I took another step into the warehouse, “Should I know you?” I asked raising an eyebrow at him

“My name is Damon Link, I can’t believe you don’t remember me. I don’t know whether to be offended or flattered that you actually did what I told you and forgot my face…” Link trailed off with a satisfied smirk on his face, I held back a shiver when all the memories of that day came rushing back.

Pretending to be intimidated I just nodded at him wordlessly, turning back to Mr Mason, I titled my head to the side, “Why are you here Mr Mason? I heard you on the phone the other day and figured you’d be meeting a mistress or something, but who’s this guy?” I pointed towards Link, who furrowed his eyebrows and sent a glare at Mr Mason.

“I thought you said no one heard our conversation, who knows who could have been listening. You’ve put us both in a lot of danger…”

Mr Mason visibly paled, “Well uh- Max, Mr Link here contacted me to make a new drug…” He rambled off, the guy standing in front of me wasn’t the annoying teacher that picked on me from class and he was terrified of Link

“Well now that he’s told you that, I guess were going to have to kill you, just because I was merciful the first time doesn’t mean I will be this time…” Link trailed off putting his hand out, a man standing nearby loaded his gun making the click ring through the large warehouse before placing it into his hand