Daughter

Chapters 5 and 6 of The Hunter's Daughter in Dean's POV

We are in a small town in Indiana, finishing up a case. A skinwalker had decided to play boogie man. Luckily we got here just in time.

When we arrive back to the motel, Sam asks, "Think we're done here?"

I nod. "Yeah. I got information on a case out in California that we can hit up next," I say. I start walking to the bathroom when my phone begins to ring. "This is Dean."

"Hey, it's Bobby," Bobby's voice says through the speaker.

"Bobby," I say, smiling. "What's up?"

"You two need to get back to my house as soon as possible," he says.

I look over to Sam. "Why? Something wrong?"

"Look, Dean," he says. "It's important. I got some big news for you."

I sigh. "Alright," I say. "We're heading that way now."

We hang up and I start repacking my bag. "What does Bobby need?"

I shrug. "I don't know. He just says that we have to get to his house as soon as possible. Looks like we won't be working this case after all."

Sam shuts his laptop and gets up and start packing up his stuff. After I use the bathroom, we hit the road.

***

"So he gave you no idea as to why he needs us down there?" Sam asks. "That doesn't sound suspicious to you, does it?"

I shrug. "I don't know," I say. "He just said he's got us some big news. I guess we'll find out."

We drive for an entire day and several more hours before we finally pull up to Bobby's scrapyard. Two kids - one boy and one girl - stand on the porch laughing. But when we pull up, they both turn to us.

Bobby pushes his way passed the two kids and smiles at us. "Dean, Sam! About time you guys got here."

"What's the big news, Bobby? Dean and I were about to head out to California," Sam says.

Bobby points to the girl standing on the porch. "I don't have the news. That young lady does."

We both turn to the girl who looks nervous. "Who are you?" I ask her.

The girl just stands there, her mouth open. The boy standing next to her takes a step forward. " "This is Emma," he says. "I'm Michael. I'm a hunter."

I give the boy a look, not really caring much for the name since it brings back rather unpleasant memories. "Thanks for sharing," I say.

"Dean?" The girl, Emma, squeaks out and I turn back to her.

I cross my arms, getting annoyed by all of this. "Yes? Come on, kid. I don't have all day. Spit it out."

She pauses for a moment and then says, "Dean... I'm your daughter."

I freeze, not really sure if I heard her right. "You're my what?"

"Your daughter," she repeats, confirming that I had heard her right. Though, I'm still finding it hard to believe.

"I have a daughter?" I scoff. "Yeah. Sure. Nice try kid." Though, the more I look at her, the more I realize how much she does seem to look like me. But that could also be my mind playing tricks on me. Shaking my head, I start to open my car door, not really sure where I will go, but I know that I'm done here.

"No," Michael says. "She is."

"Dean," Sam says, turning to me, his face serious. "I don't think she's lying."