Meeting Again

Carter and I pull up to Bobby's house, the snow coming down hard outside. We quickly grab our things from the back and run up the steps.

Opening the front door, we walk in and stomp our snow covered shoes on the ground. "Son of a bitch," Carter says, leaning against the wall. "I forgot Dean's present."

I laugh. "I'll go get it. You go get everyone."

I run back outside into the snowstorm, the cold biting my fingers. It's Christmas and I haven't seen Sam and Dean since our last trip to Bobby's. Carter and I would have been here sooner, but a hunt kept us out longer than expected.

As I open the truck's door, my eyes find Michael's still broken down car. Bobby had mentioned it on the phone so that I wouldn't freak out the moment we got here like last time. But seeing it still brings back a huge swarm of memories.

I quickly grab Dean's present and quickly make my way back inside. I stomp my feet on the ground again and when I look up I see Dean standing there.

"Hey!" I say with a large smile. I brush snow off of my jacket, still shivering as I take it off.

"How was the drive?" He asks, pulling me into a hug.

"It was hell," I say.

My dad laughs and shakes his head. "I wish Hell had been like this."

I roll my eyes. "Are you always going to refer to that when I say something feels like hell?"

He shrugs. "How many dads can make that joke?"

I roll my eyes and push passed him and farther into the warm house. "You're so obnoxious," I say and he shoves my shoulder.

"Hey," he says. "Don't talk to your father like that."

I turn around and stick my tongue out at him and he mirrors me. "Where's everyone else?"

"Kitchen," he says. "Bobby just finished making dinner."

I walk into the kitchen where Bobby is pulling a ham out of the oven. Carter stands by the sink talking to Sam and Castiel stands over by the table.

"Hey, Cas," I say. "It's been awhile."

He nods to me. "Hello, Emma," he says. "Merry Christmas."

It hasn't really been that long since Cas and I last saw each other. Just last week he helped Carter and I out. Zen had sent a huge swarm of demons on us and Castiel came in and saved us.

We all sit down and eat and I've honestly haven't a great meal like this in a very long time. Probably since last Christmas. Carter and I had to skip out on Thanksgiving this year because of a hunt. We've been nothing but busy with hunts. It feels good to finally sit down and relax and have a good time.

Once we are done eating, we all venture into the living room and crowd around Bobby's little tree that he sets up every year. Christmas presents sit all around it and we begin passing things around.

"This is for you," Dean says, handing me a small box.

I smile and tear away the paper. I open the little box and my eyes go wide. Inside is a necklace, a locket hanging from the silver chain. My name is engraved on the locket and when I open it, I nearly burst into tears. A picture of my mom is on one side and on the other is a picture of my father. I look up to Dean and give him a big hug.

"Thank you," I say. "I love it."

"Here," he says. I give him the necklace and he places it around my neck. "It took some searching for that picture of your mom."