Two Years Later

"Look out!" Carter shouts to me. I quickly turn around and duck as a lamp is thrown at me. I glare at the demon across the room from me.

Carter runs out of the room, leaving me with the black eye bastard. I glare at the demon and say, "So Zen still refuses to fight? What is he? A coward?"

The demon smirks and raises his hand. An invisible force flings me back, my head hitting the wall and the breath leaves my body. I fight to stay conscious and quickly get back on my feet just in time to see Carter come rushing up from behind. She rams into the demon, sending it to the ground. She then proceeds to pour holy water, causing it to burn. The demon leaves the human in a puff of black smoke and we stop, breathing hard.

"W-where am I?" The man on the floor says, sitting up. He looks to Carter and then to me. "Thank you, so much. It was there for... I don't even know how long anymore."

I walk up to the man and get down. "Come on," I say. "Let's get you home."

***

"You know," Richard, the man says. "You two seem awfully young to be doing those kind of things."

Carter scrunches her nose. "We are twenty-three. Trust me. That's not young for a hunter."

He shakes his head with a laugh. "Alright," he says. "Well, once again, thank you so much. I'm ready to see my family again."

"And I"m sure they are ready to see you," I say and he climbs onto his bus. Carter and I watch him go and I turn to my sister with a smile.

"So," I say. "What's next?"

We walk over to my truck and climb in. "Um," Carter thinks. "How about dinner?"

My stomach grumbles in response. We reach the nearest diner. Carter orders a salad and I order a burger. The usual. Carter pulls out her laptop and proceeds to look for our next hunt when my phone buzzes in my pocket.

"This is Emma," I say, answering the phone.

"Emma," a familiar voice says and I smile.

"Dad," I say. "What's up?"

Ever since leaving two years ago, Carter and I have only had a few run ins with our dad and uncle. We've celebrated the holidays together and have done a few hunts, but other than that, we don't talk much. So when we do, I can't help but grin.

"Sammy and I are heading over to Bobby's for a couple days. Sam was pretty hurt in our last hunt and needs some time to heal. Thought that maybe you can Carter would like to come over for dinner one night if you're around."

I look to Carter, her eyes focused on the computer screen, though she glances back every so often, a smile on her face. "What does he want?"

"Dinner at Bobby's?"

Her smile turns into a grin. "Is that even a question?"

I laugh and turn back to my phone. "Yeah," I say. "We aren't too far out. We'll meet up with you guys."

"Alright," he says. "Sounds good." We finish saying goodbye and I hang up. Today marks two years since Carter and I left Bobby's. Our life has changed a lot since then. Zen is still after us, though I haven't seen him since our last battle. Instead, he sends his minions at us. Dean offered to talk to Crowley, but I doubt that will stop him. He's determined to kill me. The only problem is, I'm going to kill him first.

I haven't seen Michael since the day we left. Haven't even talked. I think about him more often than I would like to admit, but he was my first love. It makes sense.

I also Carter's son. His birthday was a few days ago. My sister did some research and found out that the couple that adopted him named him Derek. This had made her cry harder than I've ever seen. But it wasn't tears of sadness. It was tears of happiness. 

"I hope that one day he learns he has the same name as his father," she had said that day. "And that he would have loved him very much. And that I would have loved him very much. That I do love him so very much."

As far as we are concerned, Derek is with a normal family, one that won't bring him into the world of hunting. Though we can't help but still fear that one day he will come looking for his mother. I just hope it's out of curiosity rather than my situation had been.

***

"Hey," Carter says, shaking my arm. "We're here."

We have been driving all day and all night, not wanting to stop. We are now stopped and parked outside of Bobby's and I quickly sit up in the passengers seat. A black impala is parked next to us and I can't help but smile. My eyes trail to the blue mustang beside it and my heart stops.

"Oh my gosh," I say as tears begin to well in my eyes.

"What's wrong? Em?" I ignore my sister as I quickly shove my car door open and nearly fall out. "Emma!"

I rush up the steps and push open the door and run straight into my uncle. "Sammy," I say, breathless. "Hey."

He looks down at me. "Hey!" He says, spreading his arms open. "How are you?"

I hug him and pull back. "I'm good!" I look around, distracted. "I saw Michael's car outside."

"It's dead," Bobby says, walking into the front room. "Has been for a couple weeks. He had me tow it and bring it here. If you're looking for him, kid, he ain't here."

I feel my heart drop. "Oh," I say. "Okay." I try to hide my disappointment, but then I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder. I turn to see Carter standing there.

"Hey," she says. "It's okay." I smile and give her a hug.

I turn back to Sam as we begin walking into the house. I was here not too long ago from Christmas, but looking around still gives me extreme nostalgia. I lived her for two years of my life. I learned how to hunt here. And deep down in my heart, this will always be my home.

"So what happened? Dean said you got injured," I say.

Sam looks down at his leg. "Yeah," he says with a laugh and I now notice the wrap on his ankle. "I got tripped by skinwalker."

I laugh. "Good job, Sammy."

"Hey!" Dean says, walking into the room. "I would have greeted you at the door but I was in the shower. I miss anything?"

I shake my head. "Nope," I say. "We just got here."

I walk up to my father and he gives me a big hug. "I missed you," I say into his shoulder. He gives me a squeeze and we pull apart so that him and Carter and hug.

"Dinner's ready!" Bobby calls from the kitchen and we all pile in. We all sit down and eat, laughing and sharing hunting stories. My mind wanders back to when this was the everyday norm. And not for the first time in the last four years, I think about how much my life has changed. Four years ago I lost my mother, and even though I still miss her, I have finally been able to let go.

My nightmares have disappeared, but I still dream of her. I keep her journal close to me and I read it whenever I'm feeling down. Once upon a time those stories had made me cry, but now all they do is make me smile. It's an entire side of her that she had never showed me.

I've started to keep a journal, so that one day my own children can read about my adventures. I can only hope that it is as exciting as my own mothers.

A/N

Once again, thank you to VampireNatural for requesting!

If there's anything else you guys want to read about, leave a comment!

XOXO

Miranda

UPDATE: I just realized I had never titled this chapter lol. My bad XD