Thanksgiving Part 2

I can't tell if it's my imagination or not, but the table seems way more crowded than usual tonight. It's amazing what one extra person can make a room feel like.

I pick at the turkey and mashed potatoes that I had piled onto my plate, not really feeling hungry. Dean keeps glancing at me over the table as he is dragged into a hunting story that Carter is telling him about. Sam and Bobby are listening to whatever Chloe is saying.

Michael laughs and smiles down at her and I can't help but feel slightly sick. I still can't believe he brought her with him. I can't help but laugh to myself. And here I thought I was going to do the heart breaking tonight.

"Hey, Em," Carter says, nudging my elbow. "You okay?"

I look up from my plate. "What?"

"Are you okay?" She asks again.

I sit up straight and start stabbing my food onto my fork. "Oh, yeah," I say. "I'm fine. Just a little tired." I shove a forkful of turkey into my mouth before looking around the table and seeing that everyone's plates were empty while mine remains full.

Just then, Chloe and Michael let out a burst of laughter from the other end of the table and I look over to see them close together while Sam and Bobby look on with fake amusement. "You're so funny," Chloe says. "Now tell them how it really went."

Michael winks at her. "That is how it went," he says. "At least, that's what I remember. You forget the bastard drugged me first."

Chloe laughs and Michael leans down and kisses her, right there in front of everyone. I feel icy fingers grab my heart and I let out a small gasp as I lose my breath. This cannot be happening.

I hear Dean clear his throat and I look over to see him running a napkin over his mouth. He throws it on his empty plate, his jaw set. "Hey, Michael," he says, standing up. "I left something out in the car. How about you come with me."

Michael looks up at my dad with confusion. "Oh," he says. "Uh, yeah. Sure." He stands up and takes Chloe's hand. "I'll be right back." He plants a kiss on the top of her hand.

Dean grabs him by the shoulder and shoves him outside. "Let's go," Dad says. "You and I need to talk."

They leave the room and I turn to Carter. "Should we...?" She says.

I look to Bobby and then to Sammy, both of them looking at each other. "Yeah," Sam says. "We should."

He almost jumps out of his seat, Bobby close behind him. I'm up next, Carter following me. I hear Chloe ask what's going on, but we all ignore her and rush outside after a very angry Dean.

"Hey," Michael is saying, his hands up in the air. "What's going on?"

"What's going on?" Dean says, his back to me. I can't see his face, but his posture tells me enough. "I'll tell you what's going on. You're bringing another girl, a stranger really, to Thanksgiving. I don't remember anyone inviting her."

Michael rolls his eyes. "I asked Bobby if I could bring a friend," he says. "I didn't realize I needed to clarify."

Dean rushes Michael, grabbing onto his shirt. He pushes Michael back until he's pressed against the impala. "We're you planning on telling Emma before tonight, or did it just skip your mind?"

I take a step forward, but Sam puts a hand out. "Let's give it a sec," he says.  "Trust me. You don't want to get in between that."

"What are you talking about?" Michael says. "Of course I was! You don't think I've been trying to get a hold of her for weeks?"