Perry

We spend the next several months traveling around the country, picking up small jobs here and there. After my Yellow Fever incident, we became inseparable. The Winchester's back together once again. We've heard concerns from other hunters saying that more hell will be released upon this world if we stick together because "nothing good ever comes when the Winchester's are around." We just can't help but laugh because what else is there? We're pretty sure we've seen the worst of it all at this point.

We're wrong, of course.

We are walking into a diner in a small town in Michigan when I see them. The four of us freeze when we notice the two gray heads sitting at a booth. Both of them are looking up at us now, making escape impossible at this point. A smile spreads across the woman's face and she gets up.

"Emma!" Berta Perry says, her arms open as she brings me into a hug. I keep my arms at my sides as my face contorts into one of disgust. She holds me for far too long before stepping back, her hands on my shoulders. "Oh, look at you! So beautiful."

"Thanks," I scoff and I shrug her hands off my shoulder.

She clasps her hands together and looks at the four of us. "Well," she says awkwardly. "Arnold and I just ordered our food. Why don't you guys join us?"

I look to Dean, hoping that he'll see my desperate plea to get out of there. He gives me an apologetic look before nodding. As we follow Berta to their table, he places a hand on my back and whispers, "Sorry, kid. But there are far too many eyes on us right now." I look around to see the other people in the diner smiling at our little family reunion. If they only knew.

"Emma," Arnold says, standing up. I'm forced into yet another awkward hug as a waitress pushes another table against theirs. "So good to see you."

I just smile as I take my seat. Sam takes one for the team and sits between me and Arnold and I silently thank him. How is this even possible?

We all sit in silence for several minutes after a waitress takes the rest of our orders. Once she's gone, Berta smiles. "So what brings you all to Harbor Springs, Michigan?"

"Just passing through," Dean says, taking a sip of the coffee the waitress had brought him. "You guys?"

"Just passing through?" Berta laughs. "You mean you haven't heard of the recent vampire activity going on?"

"Nope," Dean lies. "Haven't heard a thing." We've actually been tracking the cases out here for the past three days. Sam and I think that it might have something to do with the vampires that had tortured Carter, Derek, and I.

Arnold chuckles. "I can smell bullshit a mile away, son." He leans in closer to my father, his elbows resting on the table. "What have you four gathered so far?"

We all look at each other and I sigh. "We think they might have something to do with this... Thing that happened a couple years ago to Carter and I."

Berta cocks her head. "What happened a couple years ago?"

I shrug one shoulder, but before I can say anything, Carter speaks up. "I don't see how that's any of your business."

I kick her shin under the table and she looks up. "What she means is that it brings back some bad memories and we'd really rather not talk about it," I say.

"Oh dear," Berta gasps. "Was it that bad?"

Carter rolls her eyes. "Did you not hear me say that it's none of your business?" I kick her shin again and she glares at me

"Well, all I'm going to say is that I'm sure it could have been avoided," Berta says, placing her hands on the table. "You Winchester's never know how to stay out of trouble."

"Excuse me?" I scoff, turning to her. "What's that supposed to mean?"

She puts her hands up in defense. "Don't get that tone with me," she says. "I'm just saying that the Winchester's are bad news. There's a very good reason as to why I tried to keep Carol away from them."

"Them?" I snap. "You do realize that I am one of them, right? And I'm damn proud of it, too. We may have seen some crazy shit and hell, our battles are far from over, but they're my family. Besides, last time I checked you sent my mom away after she got pregnant, so if this is your way of saying I would have been safer with you, you can eat your words and leave me the hell alone." I stand up then and storm out of the diner, ignoring Dean calls after me.

Once I'm outside, I don't stop walking. I keep walking down the street as tears press behind my eyes and I mentally curse myself. I told myself I would not cry if I ever saw them again and here I am in the middle of town trying not to bawl my eyes out.

"Emma!" I hear Dean call from behind me, but I ignore him and quicken my pace. I just need to be alone right now.

I turn a corner and walk into a shop in hopes that I can hide from Dean, but I should by now that that's impossible. Almost immediately after I duck behind a shelf, Dean is there, grabbing my arm.

"Come on," he says, throwing an arm around my shoulders. He leads me out of the shop and we start walking back towards the diner.

"I'm not going back in there," I protest.

He laughs. "Trust me, kid. Neither am I."

I laugh back as tears begin rolling my cheeks. "I still miss her."

He sighs. "I know. And you'll never stop missing her."

I dig my face into his shoulder as we reach the Impala. "Why are they suddenly so interested in me? I grew up believing that they hated me and Mom."

Dean shrugs and opens the Impala door for me. I climb in and he closes the door. After he gets into the driver's seat he says, "I wish I had an answer. There's just something that's off about the whole situation."

"Do you think they know that I'm part angel?"

He sighs again and starts the car up. "That's what I'm worried about." With that, we pull out of the diner parking lot. 

"What about Sam and Carter?"

"They're having a few words with the Perry's. Like I said, something is off about this whole situation." I nod and look out the window. If they know that I'm part angel, there's a high chance that they are here to kill me. I've done my fair share of researching and apparently my mother was a danger to the world. However, I haven't found anything about people like me. Do I hold the same powers my mother had? Or am I something completely different. 

Whatever it is, it sure has a lot of eyes on me. And I'm afraid that it will always be that way.