You can set?! (Haiba Lev)

For a while now, Lev had been sulking to you about Kenma not staying extra long to practice with him.

You sighed, he was ranting about it again today at lunch. Having enough, you decided to put an end to this.

"Fine! I'll set for you after practice okay?" You exasperatedly offered.

Lev brightened. "You will?! I mean, you probably are a terrible setter, but okay!" He grinned, making you roll your eyes.

~

"IIIIIIII'MMMMMM HEREEEEEE!!!" Lev screeched happily as he walked into the gym.

"Late again Bakalev?" Yaku scowled.

At this point you peeked your head out from behind his tall form.

"Sorry, that's my fault. I had to change into my gym clothes." You gave an apologetic look, which made the others freeze up.

A goddess had been bestowed upon us! They thought.

"Yeah, and she takes a million hears to change." Lev rolled his eyes.

"Uhm, who're you?" Kenma asked.

"Yo! Sorry I didn't say it earlier. I'm Lev's girlfriend, (lastname) (name). Pleased to meet you all." You greeted.

Lev nodded pridefully in which made his teammates give him looks of envy.

"(Name)-chan said she would stay after practice to set for me, since Kenma is too lazy." Lev pouted.

Kenma's eye twitched, Lev had just made it seem like he was useless and cold in front of a pretty girl.

You gave him a slap on the back of his head. "Don't call your senpais lazy!" You scolded.

"Eeeh? Do you know how to set lil kitten?" Kuroo asked, with a teasing tone.

A little taken aback by his nickname, you stuttered, "N-no not at all. But I've had a knack for being able to perfect my techniques after seeing a demonstration! I mean, this can't be any different from math or literature right?..."

Kuroo let out a hearty laugh at this before walking off.

"Well- I guess I'll talk to you after practice." You said to Lev, before making your way to the bench.

~

It was the moment of truth.

You were going to set to Lev.

Most of the boys had stayed back, just to see how this would play out.

Kenma gave you a pat ok that back, wishing you good luck.

Was Lev really that bad?

"Ready (name)?" Lev gave you an excited look.

You smiled and got ready to toss the ball.

You set it off your fingers, making it soar in a perfect arch towards the other end of the net...

You were too caught up in the feeling of setting that you didn't realize Lev successfully spiked it until you heard the satisfactory sound of the ball on the other side of the court.

Lev's eyes sparkled and even his teammates looked surprised.

"A-ah! Good job Lev-kun." You praised with a  small smile.

"N-no...that wasn't... He doesn't deserve that praise (name)..." Yaku mumbled, but you still heard him and gave him a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

Kenma sighed. "He means that your toss... was essentially perfect. Lev is a hard person to toss to after all." He complimented.

"Eeeeh? How rude! That was all me there!" Lev's complaint fell on deaf ears as Kuroo began to talk over him.

"Almost like that Karasuno setter... Perfectly match for anyone to spike..." Kuroo explained.

"Hey... Are you related to Kageyama Tobio? Have you played volleyball before?" Yamamoto asked.

You shook your head, blushing at the nice compliments.

"I mean... I think it was just a fluke..." You mumbled as you picked up another ball to toss.

~

And so, that day Lev learned that you were a really good setter, and his teammates pondered over how Lev got such a good girlfriend like that.