Chapter Seven | Live Entertainment

The football guys left to set up a party

It was the annual start of school party that's been around since I started school. Before it was juice boxes and bouncy castles but now it's evolved into beer and table-top dancing.

I also made my way home. My parents were home before me. I had earlier sent a message to tell them I was at the cafe. They didn't mind where I was in town as long as I let then know where I was otherwise they'll assume I've been kidnapped.

"Evening parents! Are you off the your adult version of fun night?" I asked as I made my way to their bedroom.

My mother was sitting at her dressing table applying makeup. Her jewellery neatly set out in front of her. Her chocolate hair was put skilfully in a silver clip. My father was already dressed as he debated over two different coloured ties. His black hair was combed precisely without a hair in place.

"It is fun!" My father defended whilst he tried to tie one of his ties correctly, "We don't have to deal with you little brats for the night whilst we enjoy a calm affair."

"Mr Collins gives a fun party that's calming? Sounds like you could just take a bath and light a few candles instead! You'll even save money on petrol." I replied with fake enthusiasm. Seriously? All our parents are still partying with our headteacher.

"Very funny," he replied sarcastically. However you could see he was trying to hold back a smile. He left to go watch some sports highlights whilst my mum finished up.

"Mum, you do know what everyone else will be up to...right?" I slowly asked. My mum put in a simple long dress and a small jumper to keep her warm as it gets colder during the night. She sat back down at the dressing table and looked at me through her mirror reflection. I mean it's happening across the road! Of course she will notice.

"I was a teenager once upon a time Ella...Just be responsible and don't let it spread to our house and we will be fine." She said. She gave me a stern look from her mirror reflection as she finally put on her earrings.

"Ella, we will be back at midnight so if you want to do a Cinderella at another party, you can," my mum said, with a wink at the end. Nope mum, you have no idea what I'm planning.

My parents were leaving but my mum stopped before she got into the car and told me, "No running around for pikachus tonight, okay?"

"Fine," I grumbled. The goes plan A, I suppose I can always go for plan B.

I watched my parents drive off and went upstairs. I put my phone on charge and switched on some music. In a few hours I wouldn't be able to do this. Jacob was hosting the party this year, which was conveniently across the road.

People take turns between hosting the party but the only one with a valid excuse for not hosting is Calvin. It's hard to host a party at your house when your fathers already hosting one.

PING!

I groaned. Please don't be more CC stuff! Please! 

I didn't feel like running around for it right now. I deserve a break!

Party starts at 10.
-Jacob

Oh! It was only an invite to the party but also a heads up of what's to go down in a little while. Maybe I should drag a chair outside to watch drunken idiots stumble around outside! I'm sure it will be a bit entertaining.

Not going but I can still watch from my house XD

I sent a quick reply to Jacob, knowing that he would be amused. It must be stressful setting it up. He was busy from the moment he dropped me home.

PING!

I checked my phone thinking it was Jacob replying. I was disappointed.

Congratulations! You've started three mini-projects:
1. Good girl & bad boy neighbours
2. New girl & quiet popular guy
3. Billionaire & waitress
You've made excellent choices in helping us. We look forward to the results you'll produce in your overall project.
-CC

The message came from the first number. The first number had more formal responses in comparison with the number I texted earlier. They must be different people. CC stands from Cliche Cops, so maybe members are told to keep quiet about their identity. Like a secret society!

The sound of house music made me jump as the sound system at Jacob's house was switched on. My own show is going to start soon. I went downstairs to make popcorn. Watching people make fools out of themselves is more entertaining with popcorn.

To prepare my front seat view, I grabbed some blankets and dragged a chair outside. I took a flashlight. The popcorn was done. I made some hot chocolate with marshmallows and left extra hot chocolate in the flask. Only thing left was to get my phone and the house keys. Jacob had replied whilst I was busy:

You sound like that old lady that watches people through the gap in the curtain XD
-Jacob

What a typical Jacob response! I locked up the front door and settled into my chair surrounded by fluffy blankets. This is the life. Nothing will make me move from here.

My entertainment started as a guy from my science class tripped over thin air. Some of the athletes started singing nursery rhymes. All this was happening on Jacob's front garden. Jacob came out at one stage to wave a me. I'm surprised no one had called the police on them.

I continued to watch the drunken stupors until my hot chocolate and  popcorn ran out. I was probably going to go inside soon. There was probably 30 minutes to midnight. My phone vibrated.

Go get Emma before she completely makes a fool out of herself.
-CC

Why do these messages come at the worst possible timings?

~*~

Foolish classmates are always entertaining...