Chapter Twenty Eight | No Thanks

The next morning, I was on a mission

The next morning, I was on a mission. It was quite a simple mission: Avoid Emily and intimidate Max.

I had left the house, knowing that there was usually Basketball practice in the the morning so I made sure I was early. There were hardly any students around and those who were here resembled zombies. It was way too early but I was on a mission...

I went to the basketball courts and waited. I tried to watch practice but the team had way too much energy in the morning for me to keep concentrating on them. I closed my eyes and let out a quiet groan. This better be worth it.

Finally practice ended so I shouted, "Max! I need to talk to you."

"Not today, you short crazy girl!" he shouted and like any other sane person, Max decided to run in the opposite direction. He didn't want to talk to me and probably had an idea on what I wanted to speak about. I didn't chase him. I just decided to wait in one of the halls to intercept him before class. He probably thought I'd given up. Poor guy is in for a surprise!

Fate seemed to be on my side because Max and one of his teammates walked around the corner and straight into my trap.

"Max, don't run," was the first thing I said. Of course he decide to run. I'm not even scary. What's his problem?

"If you move another step, I'm getting Emily to cancel tonight," I called out. Again, of course I was bluffing but he didn't know that so I used it to my advantage.

Max stopped and started walking back to me. His teammate laughed but continued walking to class as he didn't want to take part. His loss anyway...

"So, lovely weather we're having today," Max tried to change the subject. His tall figure towered over me. Well I did say he's a basketball player.

"Yep, it really is lovely," I humoured his attempt, "So a little birdie told me that you're taking Emily on a date today."

"Um yes," he cautiously replied.

"Where?" I demanded. I need to know its a suitable place.

"I'm not telling you! It's a surprise anyway. Is that all? I think I'm going to be late." Max tried to walk away. I yanked him back by his shirt.

"I'm not finished yet. You're not leaving until I'm done." He nodded slowly as if he's scared to provoke me.

"Now I want to tell you that if your hurt Emily, I'll hurt you. You maybe not be able to have children once I'm done so think twice before you do anything," I threatened whilst pointing at him. I might've poked him a few times too but oh well...

Once again, Max cautiously nodded, "Sorry, I can't quite hear you!"

"I mean yes!" he responded.