Chapter Seventeen | Official Letter

So I didn't get round to finish another book as I fell off to sleep straight after finishing my homework

I left the house and started the trek to school. The sound of my music, on shuffle, blasted through my earphones. I saw cars wiz around as I strolled towards school. I was a road away from school before people started greeting out of car windows. By greeting I mean an exchange of insults.

At that point I had one earphone in so I could shout equally insulting things back. Morning were definitely not the best time to watch teenagers interact.

"Hey pretty! How much for the night?" Jacob shouted out his car. I simply flipped him the bird. I'd get him back later...

I arrived at school and everyone seemed to be distracted by something else. Apparently I wasn't the hot topic anymore, which was a bit of relief. I still had my music playing through one earphone as I ignore majority of the student body. Whilst yawning I slumped into a random seat. I can't wait for the weekend! Only today and tomorrow left.

"You'll never guess what I witnessed..." Emily muttered in disgust.

"Insert my incorrect guess here," I replied.

"You're not even going to try? Okay in that case, Marissa with her tongue down Jacob's throat," Emily fake gagged.

"Ewww, no one wants to see that first thing in the morning. Talk about TMI!" I made a face of disgust. If you're going to show PDA please do it somewhere where no one will see.

Emily and I burst out laughing afterwards. Jacob walked into class and I could help but shout, "Keep it in the bedroom!"

A few classmates turned towards him. He looked a bit confused before shaking his head in realisation, with a small smile on his face. He walked to towards us and whilst passing said, "I just want to show my girl off to the world. She's worth showing off!"

Any other girl would've melted at that declaration but then again I wasn't any other girl.

I laughed.

Jacob rolled his eyes at my reaction and muttered something under his breath. I managed to catch "not normal" but I wasn't offended. Everyone has their quirks.

Emily and I spent the rest of registration talking about the book I read yesterday. She could understand my frustration, especially when the persona of the main character switched too quickly. Seriously? What happened to her backbone?

As the day progressed, it seemed like Marissa and Jacob were a couple again, if that wasn't obvious. I don't understand their relationship and never bothered to get involved with it. Maybe this will help keep Emily and Jacob apart.

"So... Did you hear that Jacob and Marissa are back together?" He said as he sat down next to me. We were currently in a free period so we weren't exactly doing much work.

"I'm pretty sure a blind man would figure that out with the way everyone's whispering," I watched him pull out some stuff. I had been mindlessly doodling.

"I was just letting you know it was true. How long do you reckon they'll last?" He opened up a notebook and a textbook. Is he studying??

I shrugged, "Honestly I don't mind as long as I'm no longer the centre of attention... Are you working?"

"Nope. Gotta finish this math homework for next period. Have you done it?" He pointed at the relevant questions.

"Oh shoot! No... I forgot, let's do it now" I started searching for my books in my bag. Stupid book, made me forget about homework.

"You forgot? What were you so busy doing?" He asked curiously. Well I was reading because I was trying to predict Antonio's next move but you don't need to know that.

"Sleeping and reading. Let's get this done before class..." I replied casually before we dived into our homework.

Emma continuously shot dirty looks in my direction throughout the day. I didn't bother with her but I wanted to know what her problem was at the same time. Marissa would probably enjoying her drama if I said anything at school so I just didn't react. Maybe I'll be able to find out when we get Mark.

It was the last lesson when Emily and I received envelopes from someone in the office. They had the school logo on it so it was probably some official stuff that they wanted. I hoped it wasn't that idiot whining about being punched but then again Emily got one so I wasn't that worried. Emily was slightly worried, it probably wasn't anything serious.

After class, a few people waited for me to open my envelope but I didn't because it's none of their business.

"What do you think it's about?" Emily said, a bit nervously. She as biting her lip.

"No idea... At first I thought it was because I punched someone but then you also got one so I'm not too sure," I shrugged it off.

"Well I'll open it when I get to my locker then we can find out. These people are too nosy," I gestured to our classmates who were obviously listening to our conversation.

I went to my locker before opening it. Emily waited beside me whilst fidgeting. The letter had the school letterhead and the principles signature scribbled at the bottom.

Dear Ella,

You will be required to attend a meeting tomorrow morning in association with a community service project. The meeting will take place during registration period. You will be required to report to the office instead of registration period. More details will be discussed during the meeting.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr Collins.

Emily read the letter over my shoulder before letting a sigh of relief. Meanwhile, I stared at the letter before rereading it to make sure I read it correctly. I was internally rejoicing whilst slightly panicking. Community service project? Will I finally find out more about CC? Will Emily find out about my interference?

I gave her a side glance. For her sake, I hope not...

~*~

I'm the nosy classmate who wants to know what's in the envelope.